A Book to Remember 4 years ago
ITS SO CUTE!!! :) Definitely read it... and Lola and the Boy Next Door is the next in the companion series also a great one! And the last one, Isla and the Happily Ever After comes out in August and I'm DYING to read it :)
A Book to Remember 4 years ago
Agreed, I love both recommending books and getting recommendations! :) Hope you like it when you get around to it! But read in order, Anna first!
Bookworm Blurbs 4 years ago
I hadn't seen this Top 5 Wednesday thing, but I think I'm definitely going to start participating! I've read Jane Eyre, Book Thief, and Anna and the French Kiss. I loved Book Thief and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked Anna and the French Kiss, but I'm actually not a fan of Jane Eyre - I think Mr. Rochester is a huge creep, haha. But have you ever seen the movie of it with Michael Fassbender? It's really good! I'm adding the other two to my TBR list :)
A Book to Remember 4 years ago
It's fun to do! If you watch booktube videos, check gingerreadslainey out, the creator and also add yourself to the list of wednesdayer's on goodreads that I linked! And on the goodreads pages, she puts the topics up for the weeks! - Every once in awhile I hear of people that don't like Jane Eyre, and I become shocked because I just love it so much lol. But one book is not for everyone! .... I actually didn't like that adaption (I like the actors though). I've only seen 3 so far though, 2011, 1996, and the 1983 mini series. My favorite so far is the 1996 edition with William Hurt but I really want to see the 2006 mini series and other adaptions!
Bookworm Blurbs 4 years ago
Just added myself - thanks for sharing! Haha, yeah, no book is for everyone! I agree that Jane Eyre is very well-written, I've just always been creeped out by Mr. Rochester, haha. I'll have to look for those other adaptations - if the 2011 version was your least favorite- the others must be wonderful!
A Book to Remember 4 years ago
Well I think that depends... some people really love the new version and I have to say that is mostly due to the actors Mia and Fassbender in my opinion - I don't think any adapation I've seen is amazing or anything. Not like say Pride and Prejudice which personally I love the one with Keira Knightley! Some people don't lol.
Bookworm Blurbs 4 years ago
Ah yes that one is really good! I also like the one with Colin Firth but I've only seen it like once because it's like omg so long. The great thing about the Keira Knightley one is that it's a good adaptation that doesn't leave TOO much out and can still be watched in a reasonable amount of time :)
A Book to Remember 4 years ago
I need to see the one with Colin Firth!! But I doubt I'll like it better than the Keira Knightley one - I love her and that's just one of my favorite movies regardless of the book. I really want to read Anna Karenina so I can watch the new adaption with her in it!
Bookworm Blurbs 4 years ago
Well the good thing about the one with Colin Firth is that it literally includes EVERYTHING. Not a single part of the novel is missing. And it truly is very well-done; the actors are all great. But again it is so long, you definitely would need to devote a whole day or several nights to watching it.

I agree, I really want to see Anna Karenina! It's one of my all-time favorite books!
A Book to Remember 4 years ago
I'm sure I'll watch it at some point! and read Anna Karenina one day :)
Yay! I'm reading popular stuff for a change. I'm 25% through Jane Eyre and started reading The Book Thief.
A Book to Remember 4 years ago
lol... I usually read more popular reads! :) Hope you enjoy both of those amazing books!!
I'm definitely enjoying Jane Eyre. I'm still in early stages of Book Thief so haven't decided yet.
A Book to Remember 4 years ago
Good to hear, - and hope you end up liking the book thief - I love the unique point of view - I think that just really sets it apart along with the really great story!
May's Books 4 years ago
"Can you keep a secret?" was the first chick-lit I read (a long time ago...) but I still remember laughing out loud at this book. I don't recommend reading it in public. ;)
Have you read " I've got your number"? It's one of my favorites.
A Book to Remember 4 years ago
Yeah, it's the perfect romantic comedy! I don't get too embarrassed if I laugh or cry in public from a book :) And yes I've read and loved I've Got Your Number. I read Can You Keep a Secret in June I think, and loved it so much I read 3 of her books that month! Also read Remember Me? that month and really enjoyed that one as well! And I read The Undomestic Goddess also last year and again loved it! I need to read Wedding Night and Twenties Girl! And I've read Confessions of a Shopaholic a long time ago, so I want to reread it and continue on with the series!
lmsreads93 4 years ago
I really want to read Anna & the French Kiss, I hear nothing but great things!
A Book to Remember 4 years ago
It's so good and super cute!!! Hey... it's a good one to get you out of a slump if you want a break from A Game of Thrones :D
lmsreads93 4 years ago
I am going to the book store today, so I'm going to look for it, I think I need a comtemprary book in my life to get me out of the slump lol