My Never Ending List 3 months ago
The Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes and Educated by Tara Westover are great nonfiction books I have listened to. I also love anything by Neil Gaiman (I have listened to The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains (short), American Gods, The Graveyard Book- Full Production) but he is not nonfiction. I also listened to The Dry and Ararat and really liked them but they are not Nonfiction.
It's a Books World 3 months ago
Ah I'm really interested in Educated! So you recommend it to read it as an audiobook or physical?
My Never Ending List 3 months ago
I recommend the audio, if was excellent! I didn't want it to end.
Blood Rose Books 3 months ago
I like to listen to audio books too when i am traveling a long distance in the car. Does your library have a selection of them that you can download on either Hoopla or Over Drive? That way you can use the service for free and maybe find some authors and/or readers of the audio books that you like.

I too sometimes find i fall asleep to male voices, lol. There was this one book i was listening too that he was so monotone that i started to use it to help me fall asleep....
Blood Rose Books 3 months ago
Just thought of this, there is a user on here called audiobook junkie, maybe look them up and ask them if they can recommend some readers/books that they have enjoyed
It's a Books World 3 months ago
Ah thankyou! My library only has Dutch books (and audiobooks) so I can't use it or else I would have done that ages ago I think. Would have saved so much money! Haha
Char's Horror Corner 3 months ago
I use Hoopla and Overdrive as well through my local libraries and I also have an Audible subscription off and on. (After a few free trials they've lured me back a few times with half price months.)
One audio that I really enjoyed was Trevor Noah's BORN A CRIME which is only available through Audible, I believe.
I enjoy some true crime-Jeff Guinn's GO DOWN TOGETHER: THE TRUE STORY OF BONNIE and CLYDE was a great one. I also liked his books on Manson and on Jim Jones.
I too, enjoyed the full cast production of Neil Gaiman's THE GRAVEYARD BOOK. I also enjoyed Gaiman's CORALINE, which isn't too long.