N's Literary Asylum 3 years ago
I want to read it so bad. I have no expectations but wonderfulness...
As the page turns.. 3 years ago
:D I get it! I was super excited when I heard about the play - I almost went!
I'm glad that they are publishing the book! There is so much fan fiction out there it would be fun to find out what Rowling had in mind!
N's Literary Asylum 3 years ago
So true. I think she is publishing books passed upon Fantastic Beasts too. I'm glad that Rowling is back...
As the page turns.. 3 years ago
She never stopped writing.. Even after these series she wrote other books
Hooked on Books 3 years ago
I'm ashamed to say this but I've seen most, but not all of the movies and I haven't read any of the books but I've been meaning too. I need to have a Harry Potter read-a-thon month. : )
As the page turns.. 3 years ago
I am not very fond of the films... they should have made them a tv series like game of thrones. They changed so many stuff it annoys me to no end and that's because I have read the books so many times, it's impossible not to notice the differences..

You should listen to the audiobooks with your son!They are excellent!
Tina (HDB) 3 years ago
I think there is room to love both the books and movies for different reasons. I read the books first and the movies are different in a lot of ways but I enjoy both immensely. I watch the movies every year around the holidays and I'm currently listening to the audiobooks, which I highly recommend!
As the page turns.. 3 years ago
True. The cast is brilliant for one, I had pictured some characters differently though.. Like Lupin. It's not that I don't like the actor, it's just that I would have chosen someone else.
Hooked on Books 3 years ago
Yeah that's a good idea! I think he would really enjoy them. I loved the very first movie but the rest of them I didn't care for as much as that one.
Over my dead body.
HP was finished, forever, in book 7, imo and I see no need, besides *insert long rant about various things*, to write more.

However, I know I'm in the minority, so I'm trying to not be too much of a wet blanket...
As the page turns.. 3 years ago
I can see your point - the ending of the series on book 7 left an open future full of possibilities and I too was satisfied with that. But I am curious to see like I said what Rowling thought of the rest of the story...
YouKneeK 3 years ago
I loved the books, which I only just read for the first time a few months ago, and I’m curious about the new story. But I’m skeptical about the play format; I’ve never cared to read plays and I feel like the format doesn’t allow for as much depth and detail. I’ll probably wait and see what other people think about it.
As the page turns.. 3 years ago
That's one of the main reasons I haven't pre-ordered it yet.
Midu Reads 3 years ago
Pre-ordered it, even with all the fears and doubts *fingers crosses*
As the page turns.. 3 years ago