Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 10 months ago
Thanks! I got this for my brother for his birthday. It was the one fiction book I got him - and the only one he didn't like. He wanted to pass it onto me to know what I thought, though, so I'm glad to get this for free. Given his disdain, I wouldn't have purchased it, but now I can start listening and let him know what I think!
As the page turns.. 10 months ago
he didn't like it? Well people have diff tastes! I hope you enjoy it though :D
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 10 months ago
He was annoyed that the old man seemed to stay just as grumpy throughout. He definitely did not enjoy - although he liked the back enough. I actually forgot, I did get him a Le Carre really cheap. Mostly because my parents suggested a Le Carre mini-series to him and he seems to be enjoying that more.

I think it was just he didn't mesh with the style and slowness, which I've been known to enjoy. I suppose it depends on the exact style of writing, but I want to give this a try! Told my mom about it and she wants it, too, so hoping the code is good through today. I need to get her password, which my dad has, so either he has to do it for her, or he has to give me the password so I can do it. (My mom has us do /everything/ on Amazon for her, so she doesn't remember her password!)
As the page turns.. 10 months ago
haha my mom is exactly like that too! :) and I have bought this for her too!
well like I said this is a special book for me like all the other books Fredrick Backman wrote and I really hope you like this too!
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 10 months ago
I'm willing to go in with an open mind :D

And I think my mom got it, but just calling my dad to double check now!
As the page turns.. 10 months ago
sweet :)
My Never Ending List 10 months ago
Thanks! Now I can listen to it on the treadmill.
As the page turns.. 10 months ago
lol! Enjoy! :D
Jennifer's Books 10 months ago
When I looked it up on audible and tried to open the book's page, it tells me the book is not available for purchase.
As the page turns.. 10 months ago
hmm that's strange...are you using audible.com?
Jennifer's Books 10 months ago
Yep. I could find it listed in the search results, but when I clicked on it I'd get a page saying the book wasn't available. I tried several times, then I just added it to my cart from the search results page, then went to view my cart, nothing was there. I closed the tab and tried again, and nothing.

However, I just now tried it again, and it's working for me, so it must've been some kind of glitch or something.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up!
As the page turns.. 10 months ago
yep it happens sometimes i dunno why! I'm glad it worked out in the end :)
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 10 months ago
I tried adding the code instead of the book and it added it for me and then applied the code.

I wasn't finding the book, though, when I searched for it. And are you in the US? Because if not, maybe copyright restrictions, unfortunately :(
Jennifer's Books 10 months ago
I am in the US, but like I say, I think it was a glitch, because when I tried again later it showed up just fine and I was able to redeem the code and everything.
Hol 10 months ago
I'm reading this for RL book club. Can't wait to start.
As the page turns.. 10 months ago