Comments: 4
In the book I'm currently reading, the alien antagonist is actually incapable of grasping the concept of individuality and coexistience. For it there is only expansion and with it destroying whatever life there is. for that it doesn't require green worlds with a lush flora and fauna. it only needs territory. it's quite interesting because once you leave out any rationality it doesn't matter what humans can do: you just nuke them and once they are dead, you take over the planet using whatever infracture is still intact. I find that concept rather scary.
AH@BadassBookReviews 5 years ago
He does address that issue in the book. You can either nuke them, friend them, enslave them, or eat them. He also suggests that the aliens appear as gods to the more religious population. What's neat about this book is that he gives examples from pop culture where the aliens invasion did not go so well. I think there was either a Dalek or Cybermen plan to hollow out the earth's core, replace it with an engine and make the Earth a giant spaceship. He talks about the problems with that idea as well. It's kind of fun and not too serious like the book you seem to be reading.
What's interesting about your comment is that there are probably places on Earth where the concept of individuality is not that readily accepted as well. What book are you reading?
Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton. It's the second book of his Commonwealth Saga. Love it.
AH@BadassBookReviews 5 years ago
Haven't heard of that one. I'll have to add another book to Mt. TBR. Thanks!