Comments: 9
Sherlock Lestat 10 years ago
Finally a more professional review. Nice. Guess I was a bit too optimistic in mine.
AnnaLund2011 10 years ago
Oh, I liked it. And what you write in your review is your business! If you adored it, well, say so! I thought it was quirky and fun. And I don't know that I'm all that professional. I just try to be very honest.
I kinda like that there are different reviews coming from different places, personally.
AnnaLund2011 10 years ago
Me too! I love that we come away with such different things on the same book. It truly IS a personal experience, this book-reading thing. And it also greatly depends on where your mind is at the specific moment when you are reading.
Sherlock Lestat 10 years ago
"greatly depends on where your mind is at the specific moment when you are reading" Truth! I'm in an extremely happy phase in my life so lots and lots of four and five stars for everybody! kkk
Jamie's Book Blog 10 years ago
I really liked the book myself. I don't mind a good novella or cliffhangers though and can definitely see how it might be a turn off for others. I talked to the author and he actually used his thesis to do something he's always wanted to which is write a book. So his want of writing definitely came first. I am not sure why he chose to do it in a novella form. Maybe time restraints with school or maybe he just liked the idea of small serialized novella's. Or like you said maybe it was to test the waters. I'm not sure.

I loved it myself but everyone's very different. I have to say I like reading others take on it too even if it's vastly different from mine. I never expect everyone to love the same books I do although it can be fun when they do :) And to be honest a 3 star review on your first book isn't bad at all. I really hope he'll finish the story because I really want to know what happens next. Great review!!!
AnnaLund2011 10 years ago
thank you! I don't know why authors think that anything under five stars means you didn't like the book. three stars means It was good.
For a first book that is quite exceptional, and also, seeing the editing problems that were to be found here, I was actually generous hehehhe.
Sherlock Lestat 10 years ago
Yes, for me one-less star is bad or "not for me", two-three is bad with some good parts, three-four is good, four-five very good, five excellent, and 'favorite' is perfect. Liked the novella thing because it's a good way to know an author(especially if you don't have much time). It's easier to give it a try.

Ps: it's not the same as reading partially a full book because in this case you have to drop the story in the beginning.