amckiereads (guest) 2 years ago
Good morning and happy reading! I hope you enjoy cheerleading! This is my second year, and it was a favorite part last year :) I've heard great things about Emma Donaghue but haven't read anything by her yet - I hope you enjoy Slammerkin.
Cheering is one of my favorite parts of the event--hope you have a great time! And it does seem like fall has some great snacks, huh? Yay Readathon!
Bluebird 2 years ago
Thanks! I'm having a great morning! It's fun to see what others are reading and munching on today. I've been doing a bit of cheering and am really enjoying Slammerkin. It's my first Emma Donaghue read, but not likely to be my last.
amckiereads (guest) 2 years ago
A quarter of the way through - I hope you're still reading and having a great time! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying Slammerkin. Lovely cover that you chose in the mini-challenge! Happy readathon :)
Bluebird 2 years ago
I got sidetracked and forgot to post an update earlier. My original thought was to post at least every 6 hours. You know what they say about best laid plans.... Glad there are no "rules". I'm enjoying reading and cheering.
Have fun!! I want to read The Lavender Garden. I tried to find it at my local used book store. They were supposed to have a copy but NO!! I love the cover! Happy Reading!!
Bluebird 2 years ago
I hope you find it soon. I was fortunate to pick up the book on Amazon.com when it was reduced to $1.99. I'm looking forward to reading it soon.
I might have to check out Slammerkin, too. Must admit that the cover is intriguing and beautiful. Hope you're enjoying yourself and taking little breaks. Last year when I participated, I kept falling asleep way too early. I may have napped more than I read. Hee hee.
Lucia Riley wrote another book I'd like to read: THE ORCHID HOUSE. I don't think I've read any of her books but the covers are always stunning & gorgeous. I'm a suckered for a pretty cover!!
Bluebird 2 years ago
I also have the Orchid House. Her covers are wonderful! Now I just need to find time to read both of them. I feel like I've napped more than I've read this year. Maybe I'll get a second wind in the wee hours? Or maybe I'll just call it a night soon.
Diana (guest) 2 years ago
Wow even being distracted and having errands to do you're still doing really good! Don't forget to eat and drink though! Happy reading!!
amckiereads (guest) 2 years ago
Hello again! Have you had a nap? I hope that no matter how much you end up reading, you enjoy your readathon. I'm somehow still feeling awake though I don't think it will last long!
Bluebird 2 years ago
My nap was very short and I'm running out of steam, so I"m not sure how much longer I'll be up. I did another round of cheering and will do one more mini challenge before attempting to read a bit more.