Linda Hilton 4 years ago
Don't you just love "archives"?
Derrolyn Anderson 4 years ago
Yep :) So many things to remember.

And forget.
Derrolyn Anderson 4 years ago
Cool! I've never heard of jingle shells. They almost seem like sequin paillettes--maybe you could sew them onto a bag or a felt backed necklace :)

I remember those poured resin table tops. They always seemed to be at a deli counter or bar with a bunch of coins or foreign currency embedded in them. Shells would make a much more beautiful display. Unless they're in a toilet seat... then, no, LOL.
Linda Hilton 4 years ago
I have a small resin souvenir thing that my in-laws bought in Florida with little shells and seaweed and stuff. And my mother resurfaced a deteriorating kitchen counter with resin.

The linked article in the blog suggests they're an Atlantic coast shell, which may be why you never saw them in CA. They're really pretty, but the prettiest part is the inside, and that wouldn't normally be the part visible in jewelry or anything. So it's a conundrum.

Toilet seat??? Lady, you have a very warped imagination! ;-)
Linda Hilton 4 years ago
They come in different colors! And HEAVY DUTY!!! (I don't wanna know. . . . )
Murder by Death 4 years ago
The beaches in my hometown are littered with jingle shells. I've seen people string them together to make wind chimes that are very nice in a beach-house kind of way.
Rane Aria 4 years ago
that's all types of awesome :D
Derrolyn Anderson 4 years ago
IKR? It's truly amazing to see how far technology has come.
Yeah, my first video games were Pong, Space Invaders, and Catepillar (fun games all) - it's a strange world.
Derrolyn Anderson 4 years ago
I remember early in the seventies when my dad hooked up our homemade Heathkit TV with the original Pong, LOL.
We didn't have Pong at home, but the pinball arcade was just down the block, and they had it.
Murder by Death 4 years ago
At ours it was Pong, Pac-man and Dragon's Quest. :)
KindleRomance 4 years ago
That is so cool! Thanks for sharing:-)