Liz Loves Books.Com. 9 years ago
That was all over Twitter yesterday. I feel like I read fast enough. I'd hate this. REALLY hate it. But it might be useful for some who knows? I prefer a good old fashioned hardback or paperback and reading at my own speed. I do love my e-reader. But I'm never going to love it as much as a good book. :)
Abandoned by user 9 years ago
This is how I feel. No thanks.
Debbie's Spurts 9 years ago
Famous last words until your eyesight changes at 40, 50, 60, or 70. (Oddly at 80 a lot of eyesight improves) and enlarged ebook text is preferable...
Derrolyn Anderson 9 years ago
Oh yes. I've always had excellent vision, but I think I was 45 when I couldn't seem to focus on the NYT crossword. I seriously thought I was simply hung over until I tried reading glasses, and now I'm dependent. I'm that mom at the grocery store handing her kid jars and asking "read me the ingredients on this", LOL.
Jamie's Book Blog 9 years ago
Yep, that's how I too once thought until my eyeballs decided they'd had enough. I still love a good hardback but I hate the headaches. Love my kindle.
Derrolyn Anderson 9 years ago
Me likey. But then again, I'm a get 'er done kinda gal.
I suppose with really lyrical writing or poetry it would not work AT ALL. Sometimes you want to savor a meal, and sometimes you just want to scarf something down to satisfy your hunger.
Abandoned by user 9 years ago
It feels weird to only see it one word at a time. What if you want to go back and look at something? How do you highlight important passages/ideas?
Derrolyn Anderson 9 years ago
There must be a way to pause, rewind, and slow down, or it would be pretty useless. Imagine looking away for a few moments - you'd be completely lost!
SilverThistle 9 years ago
I tried this out last week when someone here posted a link (forget who now) and it did actually speed up my reading time by an alarming amount. I'm like the slowest reader in the world but I like to take my time and absorb what I read fully. I can speed it up when I need to but I don't get the same enjoyment from it. Yes, the spritz thing got me packing more words per minute but it would be exhausting for me to maintain that for any length of time and I wouldn't get the same fun out of it.
Derrolyn Anderson 9 years ago
Unless I'm totally engrossed, I'm a skim reader as it is. It might actually help with my comprehension. Where was this when I was in school?
Hol 9 years ago
I'm getting that!
Debbie's Spurts 9 years ago
Makes me nauseous. But so does reading in a car, flashing text, having someone jar or move book/ereader while I am reading, etc.
Jamie's Book Blog 9 years ago
Do you think that's from vision problems because I get the same way. Ever since my eyesight started getting bad so many different colors and flashing text make me dizzy and nauseous. I get that way really bad in a lot of retail stores too, I think it's a combination of the fluorescent lights and the checkered flooring
Hol 9 years ago
I think you're right Petra!