I'm sorry for your loss, and probate can be ridiculously hard to sort out. My MIL only got her deceased brother's sorted out four years later! Sorry you've had such a shit time, but books will always be there.
Dor Does Books 5 years ago
Thanks. We're lucky because it's fairly simple, but there's an awful lot of waiting for paperwork from one set of people before you can send it to another set of people ... it's frustrating because you can't just take the afternoon off to get it done.
I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry to hear about the emergency with your father.

*hugs*
Dor Does Books 5 years ago
Fneh. It's his own fault. AND he's totally fine. I'd have more sympathy if he wasn't.

(but thanks. *hugs back*)
Still, stressful for him /and/ you. It sounds like a stressful time all around.

I hope you've been feeling less stressed as of late!
nospin 5 years ago
*hugs*
Glad your dad is okay
Dor Does Books 5 years ago
As I said to Grim: FNEH.

*hugs*
Spare Ammo 5 years ago
MAy your great aunt rest in peace and your father, well he's a man and that kind of thing is about par for the course. Glad he's okay.
Dor Does Books 5 years ago
FNEH!

Stupid men and their stupid stubby man fingers. I've always been afraid I'll have an emergency with Wren eating one of his dropped tablets (I've had to ninja-grab her from them before now), not this.

But thanks.
KindleRomance 5 years ago
I'm sorry Dor:-(
Dor Does Books 5 years ago
Thanks. It sounds unkind, but we've kind of been waiting for her to die. She didn't have much quality of life any more and she was forever back and forth to the hospital, so it's a good thing in a way because she's out of pain now. I'm glad it happened now rather than during the winter - we get to the UK by ferry and the Dublin ones can get cancelled in stormy weather; it would have been hard on my Mammy if she hadn't been able to get over.
Dor Does Books 5 years ago
Thanks (and thanks to everybody else, too).