Ani's Book Abyss 1 year ago
Love the tombstone graphics!

I'm also leaning more heavily towards the mysteries I have, and haven't even touched the two 'horror' squares on my card yet. I keep telling myself that I will start the book I have chosen for the 'Genre: Horror' square, but I keep putting it off... which is weird since I've got a Neil Gaiman book chosen, and at best his books aren't too scary in a horror-like way.
Person Of Interest 1 year ago
Glad you like the tombstones. I had fun putting the graphics together while listening to my current audiobook. :P

I've also got a couple of Gaiman books, plus J.K. Rowlings, Kevin Hearne, Ben Aaronovitch, Lyndsay Faye, Simone St. James and probably a half dozen other authors that would fit my non-mystery squares, but I'm dragging my feet starting any of them too. I don't understand why either since I've enjoyed other books by some of these authors. I think it's because mysteries are familiar and easy to sink into; I know what I'm getting. :)
Murder by Death 1 year ago
Those gravestones are awesome! Such a good idea!

And you're doing SO much better than I am - I've had a blacked out card for nearly a week and still no bingo. :P
Person Of Interest 1 year ago
Isn’t the book reading gargoyle great? Being a slow reader/listener has definitely helped since I read quite a few squares after they were called. And luck. :P
What Ani and MbD said -- those tombstones are fabulous!!

And looks like we could both use the bottom left square to be called ... for you it's "Amateur Sleuth", for me "Classic Horror"! :)
Person Of Interest 1 year ago
Thanks! Seeing everyone’s cards and how they’ve tracked their progress got my creative juices flowing, so I went the graphic route ‘cause it’s fun for me.

Yes, it would be good if the Amateur Sleuth square is called, but the Free Space would be even better. :)
Free space was called the moment you finished the book you read for it (it's the only square where "read = called") ... that's why I said "Amateur Sleuth": The moment that one is called, you'll have a bingo!

ETA: Come to think of it, the same is true for "Classic Noir" ...
Person Of Interest 1 year ago
Thanks. I'm not a RL bingo player and wasn't quite sure, though I initially thought that's how it worked.
I'm not a bingo player outside of BookLikes, either, but this is how MR explained how it works when she introduced this year's format.

BrokenTune 1 year ago
I love this card!
Person Of Interest 1 year ago
Ditto for The Baron and The Gang! :D
You card made me crack a big smile!
Person Of Interest 1 year ago
I love all these guys too. :D