Comments: 9
KindleRomance 5 years ago
LOL!! Glad you got your quarter's worth:-)
Tackling Mt. TBR 5 years ago
Me too. :) This is the reason I love finding books second hand. Then I can say, yeah that was worth a quarter. LOL!
Fun With Books Blog 5 years ago
Haha loved the 'tried too hard to be funny". I had the same problem with a book I recently read :)
Tackling Mt. TBR 5 years ago
This is problem in lots of books and especially in contemporary YA books. You just want to say don't try so hard!
Fun With Books Blog 5 years ago
I have noticed this with quite a few authors who start out as naturally funny. They run into problems when they struggle to deliver on the humor side of the story and the book suffers because of it. I especially noticed this with Nelson De Mille - his books (thrillers) were great until the humor became forced. There are unfortunately so many authors I can add to this list.
Tackling Mt. TBR 5 years ago
Well, it would've been a three star read regardless of what I paid, but three stars feels a little better when it was really cheap.
Tackling Mt. TBR 5 years ago
This was my first read by this author. I also have the next two books in the series (although I didn't realize they were connected until I was rating this on GR and a few others by her (they were also a quarter at the same sale.) I will definitely try one of the other books, but it's doubtful I will read the next two in this series.
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Paid a quarter for it. Got my money's worth. That's hilarious.
Tackling Mt. TBR 5 years ago
My first thought when I finished it: I think it was worth a quarter. So, I had to note that in my review. :)