Spare Ammo 2 years ago
You showed yours guess I should show mine, huh? Give me a few.
Wow, Linda. I'm so sorry! I wish there was something I could do.
GreyWarden 2 years ago
Sent you a PM, Linda.
Linda Hilton 2 years ago
Got it and replied.
Oooooh.

I posted on his grs review of Yorks book about all the threatening and whatnot going on on his page and instead of answering or even acknowledging a single one of my comments, he posted this....

"Kevin Weinberg: 20 minutes ago
Threatening to contact and distress my family is how one of you has chosen to go about your disagreement with me?

This is very shameful. I give none of you consent to approach either myself or my family."

Un-fucking-believable.
Okay coming from someone who lives in Europe, but threats were made, can't you report this situation to the police?
Linda Hilton 2 years ago
At the moment I'm just waiting for my anger to settle down. In the morning maybe I'll be better able to look at the rest of the pages and make a determination from there.

This bullshit of threats and death threats has been going on for years, and no one who claims to have received them ever posts any evidence. "I'm being bullied! I'm being bullied!" And I have told people over and over, if you're really getting threats, GO TO THE DAMN POLICE. They never do, and they never produce the evidence.

I don't hesitate to put it out there.
I'm not sure if it's at the point where the police could actually do anything. I know cyber laws don't always go by the same parameters as regular laws.

IIRC, I'm pretty sure Kevin made these same claims after he put his foot in it back on Amazon during the Maggie Spence debacle. In fact, I think it was almost exactly the same. Down to the part about not giving permission for anyone to contact his family.

And I think the 'threats against his family' were in regards to someone saying they were gonna tell his mom on him.
Mahala, Kevin is claiming you sent him a threatening email.

"message 27: by Kevin - rated it 5 stars 6 minutes ago
Kevin Weinberg Mahala emailed me and threatened to contact my family if I do not do as she asks.

This is insanity. Over books? I don't want you strangers contacting me. I don't know any of you, and I certainly don't want you to come any closer to me than you already are."
Spare Ammo 2 years ago
He wants to believe so but that is not what happened trying to assemble the ss because I am going to the police tomorrow.
Yes, I remember that TinaNicole. It was due to some of his rants and comments that someone felt serious concern for his well-being and commented something about perhaps his parents should be advised, and he freaked out and acted like it was a threat, when it was nothing of the sort.
Yeah. I think it was in part b/c he kept mentioning being on meds and his Aspergers/ADHD or something along those lines, and his posts were getting worrisome. I think it also had to do with the fact that he was encouraging his followers to open accts and other things and it came to light that the majority were extremely young.

I'm terrible at finding threads on Ammy or I would look for it.
Scarlet's Web 2 years ago
You can still report them, just put in the part where it asks for your account name that you don't have one.
Linda Hilton 2 years ago
I don't have URLs to report it with. I have someone else's screen shots. I don't have the members' names.
Scarlet's Web 2 years ago
Just sent you a message Linda.
Linda Hilton 2 years ago
Got it. Thank you!
Linda Hilton 2 years ago
Oh, and someone can tell Anne Rice, too, because I used my real name. And she wonders why some people might not want to do that? Hello?
isanythingopen 2 years ago
He's working his followers into a frenzy.
Not good.
Be careful Linda.
Linda, I am so, so sorry, This is truly despicable, and I am disgusted beyond words.
ICU 2 years ago
Linda I'm sorry this has happened, very sorry. Seems some people just can't handle the truth.

I wish you were back on GR's - they got it wrong, so very very wrong.
Grimlock ♥ Vision 2 years ago
As the others say, be careful. I'm so, so sorry he dragged you into this for being honest and for allowing anyone to share their opinion in any way they wish. I was sorry I wasn't on my post more last night.

You made some really good points, and I'm sorry they got deleted.

I read these threats and just about puked up my guts. If there's anything I can do, let me know.
Linda, we may have different views on the star issue but this is horrendous. I'm sorry it's happening to you. Threats are inexcusable.
nospin 2 years ago
Horrendous stuff, Linda.
Be careful; more than a few sound crazed.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 2 years ago
Geez. At least its more than obvious now that this guy has a pattern of this - because you just know he's going to do this again in the future to someone else too. And when that happens? Screenshots and dates online to refer to. It's not much as far as making this seem easier - but documenting it will help someone else down the road. Posting this stuff is good.

Hang in there.
Grimlock ♥ Vision 2 years ago
Linda, if people are correct and Kevin is, so to speak, going to gun for me next, I think I'll use his own philosophy against him: at least it'll take you and SA out of the limelight a bit.

Hey, did you see that chick mansplaining to us how Kevin tots isn't a misogynist although he tend to only go after women?
Linda Hilton 2 years ago
"That's the very definition of misogyny." I may have slightly misquoted the unknown @GabeKnox, but I think I got the sentiment correct. ;-)
Grimlock ♥ Vision 2 years ago
Yeah, I just shook my head. Explaining that to her wouldn't work, so I just blocked. The blocking function is absolutely fabulous!
This is absolutely sick.
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
I'm sorry to hear you and SA are going through this. Please be careful.
Rabbit Reads 2 years ago
People need to get some perspective. I don't know you, but I'm sorry you are going through this. Stay safe.
Annonymous (guest) 2 years ago
Seriously lady, you got what was coming. You bashed Raani York just because of something you didn't agree about. Other people found out, and now they're giving you a taste of your own medicine. Treat others the way you want to be treated, seriously, it would help you as an author.
Annonymous (guest) 2 years ago
And Kevin didn't even want to send you death threats, it was the commenters fault all along. I didn't threaten you, but seriously, don't bash books for no reason.
isanythingopen 2 years ago
Maybe you should look up ALL the information available instead of taking Kevin's biased cherry picked word for it.
Grimlock ♥ Vision 2 years ago
Sometimes, when you're pretty sure they won't get it, GotG GIFs say it best for you.

Aaaand this is why I don't allow anon comments on my BL.
You realize, Anonymous, that Kevin is a completely batshit sociopath, right? He actual said he doesn't think people he disagrees with have any human feelings. How about instead of trolling on his behalf, you try to convince him to get psychiatric help before he hurts someone, if you actually do care about him?
Linda Hilton 2 years ago
Anonymous probably is Kevin.
Grimlock ♥ Vision 2 years ago
Linda, go to settings, to the blog tab, scroll down, click on do not allow anonymous comments, then save that option. It's pretty wonderful knowing that Kevin and/or his followers either has to go through the hassle of creating a new ID that I haven't blocked, or that I can block them if they do come back.
Linda Hilton 2 years ago
Oh, and someone tell Amazing Grace on Amazon for me, "Thank you so much for your concern. I don't recall anyone telling YOU just to ignore the person who was threatening and stalking YOU."

I've been to the local sheriff's department. They can't do anything. I've called the FBI and they referred me to ic3.gov to fill out a form designed for reporting internet fraud, not threats of bodily harm. Wattpad has now gone silent in terms of responding to me, and Weinberg & Co. continue.

Maybe I'll call his mommy. Or his daddy at work. Or just start publishing the information further online.

I'm being threatened -- and libeled, I might add -- by a person I don't know, in places I don't even go. I'm fucking sick of it.
Grimlock ♥ Vision 2 years ago
Agreed. I'm sick of it happening to you. When SA said that Wattpad was being helpful and supportive of her, I'd been hoping for the same for you :(

I'm sorry to hear the trip was a bust. I know it must not be much consolation, but people who aren't on Wattpad aren't putting up with his BS. Even Wattpad seems to have made it clear that the death threats aren't acceptable, even if the rest of the BS is.

Again, I know this must be cold comfort, and I wish to everything holy and unholy that you'd gotten farther. At this point, my hope seems to be pinned on SA since she's going to the local FBI. Maybe seeing her in person might make them take those threats a little more seriously?
GreyWarden 2 years ago
I haven't gotten a response to the complaint I made, either.
He's still posting about you guys on wattpad? Actually, don't even bother answering. That was a stupid question. Of fucking course he is.

I haven't been to his page since I saw all the shit I posted about on his GRs review and I have no desire to. Sorry, L, but I just can't handle that much word vomit at one time. The sheer amount of stupid contained in one place is mind boggling.

Not to mention his posts read like a hormonal 14 year old so hopped on a mixture of pixie sticks, crack and righteous indignation that it's all just a massive jumble of blathering incoherency and impotent rage. A lot of rage. I don't think I've ever seen so many SHOUTY capitals and exclamations points at one time.

The man is seriously fucking cracked. The posts on Amazon about how anyone he hates or says things he doesn't agree with are not human beings and aren't capable of feeling emotions like fear and pain was beyond fucking disturbing.

Seriously, if you don't like being labeled a narcissistic sociopath? Stop fucking acting like one.

He even went on and on about how 'we' (we is anyone who doesn't tell him what he wants to hear, even people he's never interacted with) are forcing him to do these things. We left him no choice but to do the things he does, which in turn made his followers so angry that they absolutely had to threaten people with bodily harm and death, and it's our fault b/c we drove them to it and b/c we are so evil and not human we deserve whatever happens to us.

B/c in Kevin's world, judging a book or an authors writing harshly is equal to threatening to physically assault and kill them and the only way to show people that what you think they say or do is wrong is to do even worse to them to teach them a lesson. And it is Kevin's job to teach us that lesson. He MUST. He CANT STOP. (I'm not even exaggerating here, either. I have the ss's of him actually saying this shit)

I said it before and I'll say it again, I originally thought this fucker was a harmless idiot. I don't believe that anymore. I think he's dangerous. And I think he's dangerous b/c he's so self-absorbed and so utterly lacking in empathy and it's coupled with an absolute refusal to acknowledge or accept any responsibility for his actions and their potential consequences.

ETA: and all the shit with the threatening to doxx people is worrisome. I don't believe for a second that he would have any compunction about posting people's info for him and his little followers to cackle over. And when one of them goes too far, he sure as shit isn't going to be taking responsibility for it or feeling any remorse. (another thing he stated outright). This person is not stable, imo.

Rabbit Reads 2 years ago
He needs psychiatric help. I'm not snarking. I say this as someone with a mental illness.
Linda Hilton 2 years ago
He has claimed -- bragged? -- that he has Asperger's and ADHD.
Grimlock ♥ Vision 2 years ago
And he's immature, he admits it, so lulz.
You're not allowed to comment on his diagnoses. You're being an ableist. And, no, it doesn't matter that he's the one who brought it up.

It's still ableism.

And probably feminism.

And racism.

O.o
Grimlock ♥ Vision 2 years ago
And remember it's always ableist. Unless he's calling someone retarded. Or a lunatic. Because he would never be ableist because he hates that shit!
isanythingopen 2 years ago
He uses that as one of his excuses for acting the way he does.
It also doesn't matter that he himself was using mental illness accusations as insults. Deranged isn't ableist. Somehow.
Grimlock ♥ Vision 2 years ago
No, no, see, it's not ableist because /he's/ using it. And he hates ableism. Therefore there's no way he would be ableist.

Damn us feminists for not seeing that he's special that way!
I've met a number of people online with asperger's who really cannot stand people who do that, isanythingopen!
Grimlock ♥ Vision 2 years ago
I've decided that sarcasm=the only way to deal with this kind of bullshit /and/ stay sane.
Ugh Linda, I'm so sorry. Know there are those of us who definitely have your back!!