Portable Mistletoe 10 months ago
A friend came over and helped me assemble a baker's rack while we watched the game. It looks great! And I couldn't care less about football, so my only two thoughts about the game were:

1. Just wait until Tom Brady pulls the next cheat out of his helmet during the last two minutes! ....oh well.

2. Thank God football season is over, now I can turn sports radio back on for baseball season and GO RANGERS!
Sorry kids, no feet. 10 months ago
I just can’t get into baseball even though I am a mother of twins living in the home of the Minnesota Twins.
Portable Mistletoe 10 months ago
Now might be a good time to try again. The Twins look like they're going to be pretty good this year.
Sorry kids, no feet. 10 months ago
Well the last time they were really good, I was left at the Metrodome by my family during the last game of the series before the ‘91 World Series. I might have bigger issues than just the actual sport.
Portable Mistletoe 10 months ago
Yikes! I can see how you'd have some bad associations with the game, then.
Mrs. Claus' Tea Shop 10 months ago
The game started at 11:30pm here in England so I saw P!nk sing the national anthem and about twenty minutes of the game before going to bed. My husband stayed up and watched the whole thing and he said it was a good game, bad half-time show. We don't get the commercials because we stream on the BBC iplayer, but my goodness English commentary on American sports is horrible.
Sorry kids, no feet. 10 months ago
If you got the same Cris Collimsworth we get in America, he is horrid. I can’t stand watching him do games. I hate when my team plays Sunday nights.
Ani's Book Abyss 10 months ago
My family watched, but really, just for the commercials. We're not a sports family, and I know didley squat about football. And, yes, Morgan Freeman lip-syncing to Missy Elliot = Best Commercial Ever!

The Tide Ad... I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but I see what they did there.

Half-time show was a bit meh. I kept wondering if JT was ever going to actually sing, or just let the audience sing for him. Then my Dad and I got into a conversation about who the super stars in America are and if JT qualifies (we're Chinese, and my parents rarely pay attention to American pop culture).
Sorry kids, no feet. 10 months ago
I have been in love with JT since I was 13. He is the one man I am allowed to leave my husband for. However, I don’t think he is anywhere near the superstar he was when he was with N*SYNC. He has had some PR issues recently that kind of deminish his shine.
Ani's Book Abyss 10 months ago
I was never really an N*SYNC fan, so JT never came into my radar until a few years back when I saw him in a movie and thought he seemed much more mature. Of course, I don't really follow American pop culture either, and thought he'd been doing quite well as an ex-boy band, gone solo act, though I could be wrong. The half-time show just came off a bit more disappointing than I'd expected.
Sorry kids, no feet. 10 months ago
There is also the local tie in that most people don’t know about. His wife was born in northern Minnesota. I don’t think that had anything to do with picking him. If you wanted local, Bob Dylan is as local as it gets. It’s such a bummer that Prince wasn’t alive to do the show.
Char's Horror Corner 10 months ago
I never really cared for JT until I saw one of his concerts on HBO. That combined with some VERY funny appearances on SNL gave me a healthy respect for the guy-he's talented.
I was surprised to see the Prince hologram though-I had read somewhere that JT had decided not to do that because someone pulled up a quote where Prince said he would never do one of those commercials where it looked like he was singing with someone that was dead. What I read quoted Prince as saying, (and I'm paraphrasing here), I would never do that. If we were meant to sing together we would have been alive in the same time period.
Sorry kids, no feet. 10 months ago
I had read that. This morning I read a statement from Sheila E. saying Prince would have approved of the whole sheet thing. Personally I didn’t care for most of the halftime show. It was pretty blah.