Marianna 4 years ago
I tried coding my header to make it not repeat and re-size itself to the width of the page. I't LOOKS like its working but I'm no programmer and I'm not sure I did it right...
SilverThistle 4 years ago
Looks like it's working for me on my laptop :)

Nice job :)
Sassafrass 4 years ago
when I try this, it takes over my whole page. I've tried to use the dimensions that you put in your tutorial. I wanted just a black bar, but as you can see, it makes my whole page black. Any suggestions on sizing?
Sassafrass 4 years ago
Never mind, I reset everything to go back to the way it was, and now it's working. I must have played around the the CSS and messed something up. Your tutorial worked great!
SilverThistle 4 years ago
Thanks for letting me know it worked out for you :)
Wayward Kitsune 4 years ago
Hey Silver, thanks so much for this. But I have a question. My blog default title is still showing up even with the new header. How can I remove this? And another thing, how can I format the sidebar? I couldn't read my sidebar links because of my dark background. How did you do yours?
SilverThistle 4 years ago
Hi, if you go to settings>blog>customize the first box is where you type in your blog title, just take out any text you have in there and make the box blank again. Then save. Hope this helps.

I see you managed to find the sidebar tut too :)
Wayward Kitsune 4 years ago
Silver, just tried it but it's not working. The box is already empty including the box intended for the tagline. I already cleared out my cache and refreshed my browser. But it's still there. Is there any way to tweak the coding for this one?
SilverThistle 4 years ago
I don't know if the code will work here in the comments, so I'll add it at the bottom of the post. :)
SilverThistle 4 years ago
Added the code at the bottom of the post here. Just copy/paste that into your custom CSS box at the bottom of your customizing menu :)
Wayward Kitsune 4 years ago
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! You're so AWESOME, Silver. It WORKED. *dances with joy* I thought I was doomed. Finally! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
SilverThistle 4 years ago
Hehehe, you're very welcome!
Wayward Kitsune 4 years ago