BrokenTune 5 months ago
I love it! Not sure about the books on plants and birds, but the rest may need to go on my "library list" irrespective of any science buddy read! :D
Person Of Interest 5 months ago
I've read 'The Botany of Desire' and enjoyed it. I've also considered reading Roach's 'Gulp', but haven't gotten to it yet. Some of the others look interesting, too. Thanks for the suggestions. :)
BrokenTune 5 months ago
We were discussing a possible book club for science non-fiction reads for when we finish the Invention of Nature Buddy Read - if you're interested, this is the link to the discussion:
Tannat 5 months ago
I might be interested in reading some of the above...
Same here.
Person Of Interest 5 months ago
I missed the book club discussion, so thanks for the heads up. I'm not into physics or astronomy but would consider joining reads for topics like biology, botany or ecology. I checked my library for 'Other Minds' yesterday and they have it. Sam Kean, Frans de Waal and Siddhartha Mukherjee are authors I've thought about trying too.
BrokenTune 5 months ago
I'm sure there will be a separate post about a science non-fic book club in a few days. :)
Sam Kean is a great read.
Lots of interesting looking stuff there! I actually requested 2 science books from Netgalley this morning. What a geek I am!
BrokenTune 5 months ago
Rock on!
When you're on the text creation page (reviewing or otherwise) there's a large plus sign at the top. Hit it and it'll let you look up titles, and it will add them to the bar beneath.

ETA: When writing a review, if you tell BL it's a review (there's a place for that on the right) it should do it automatically.
Murder by Death 5 months ago
Ooh, there's some good ones there! I've read Storm in a Teacup and it's great; I've had my eye on Darwin's Ghost and Gulp!, and Other Minds just made it on to my list yesterday - although BT said she was anxious about how it ends; I'm out if anything bad happens to the octopi. Botany of Desire and Dark Matter and the Dinosaurs are definite maybes. :D
Murder by Death 5 months ago
I'd also go for Tyson's book as long as it isn't too TOO space oriented, (although how can it be anything else?) Although that definitely shouldn't be a factor to what is chosen for the group; I can always sit the Tyson read out. :)
Elentarri's Book Blog 5 months ago
Storm in a Teacup is supposed to be arriving in the post in 2 weeks. :)
Several of these are on my TBR as well ...
That sounds really interesting (I've heard of him because he was on Masterchef Canada, which airs here in the US as well) - I don't think my library has his book, though.