Grimlock ♥ Vision 3 years ago
:( Sadness
The Fangirl 3 years ago
Gross. :( Sorry about all of that. Hope you're able to get a full refund.
The Fangirl 3 years ago
I had to send an email in because it's been 7 days since I bought it, but since I didn't finish it they should still give me a refund. *crosses fingers*
-crosses fingers and sends you good luck-
The Fangirl 3 years ago
Um, yeah.
The Fangirl 3 years ago
Avoid the YA Wildfire. It is HORRIBLE! And offensive as hell. I haven't see the Night Marchers, but I may look it up to see is it sucks. It is so hard to find anything that's really true to the culture that isn't historical or literary fiction. Both great genres, but I want love stories too. Damn it!

I have a friend from NZ who's looking for stuff there since polynesian stories are more common there, though most are about Maori, but I'll take that over nothing at all.
Louder Than Words 2 years ago
I am so glad I found this, because honestly, trashy tropes like this happen so much in romance books, and people roll their eyes and ignore me whenever I point stuff like this out. I am so, so, HAPPY that you ripped into this book.

I usually can't read romance books anymore, because the ones available to me are almost always (1. racist (2. sexist or (3. excuse physical/emotional assault on the women because the MEN knew what was best for them and did it anyway. And then the women swoon because it was merely for their sake, and of COURSE that man you met yesterday would know you better than yourself. Ugh. Add bad writing and I end up through the book across the room with an inaudible scream of rage.

So, thank you. I'm pleased that you didn't hesitate to call out the racism and inaccuracies involving the culture. I know many that simply ignore it and say, "Oh well, it's a fact of life". And, uh, sorry for the rant. o//u//o;