Murder by Death 1 year ago
That post/discussion balance is the hardest part for me, and I think, why I resisted the groups as long as I did. I don't want to forgo the posts, but I don't want to repeat myself either... but the groups are fun; hope you enjoy it and the read. :)
Tigus 1 year ago
I may actually have to delay on this book, because I'm all confused; between the two of us, it was my impression that Debbie's Spurts and I had agreed to start reading this book on Monday or Tuesday (Monday the 24th--which is now today--or the day after). but then, after I put up this Update, I went to the Group she created, and it has an August 19th listing for starting this book. so I don't know what to do. the priority for me is to start this book when Debbie's Spurts starts it--which fits in with the original plan to do a Buddy Read. in other words, I don't want to be posting to a Group situation all alone, looking a bit goofy, if Debbie's Spurts, and anyone else for that matter, is going to wait until as late as August 19th. I dunno, life is a lot simpler if you just read on your own schedule, I guess.

so I sent a personal message to Debbie's Spurts for clarification on when she is starting this book, but I haven't heard back. when I wake up and go out for my coffee, I will see if there has been any contact, and if there has not been any contact to help me with this, I will definitely take a different book out with me...and my plan will be to start A Dance Of Blades as soon as I see Debbie's Spurts reading it. I'm not reading it out of sync with her or anyone else who might join the Group she created, where it clearly says: August 19th/Book 2.
Debbie's Spurts 1 year ago
I'm back online post 24in48 Readathon, I'll check the group and my messages within the hour. I meant for us to start book 2 at your convenience which you had said was Monday or Tuesday (but can be whenever; I meant to make you a group/bookclub admin so you could also do whatever you wanted there as well).

If it's going to be just us, I was thinking posts would mostly be just fine with the group being a big pretty reminder for the books. Dates could be whatever We wanted unless others joined in (experience says works best to space out at least a month with a group of readers). Posts about the books in a book club collect on the currently reading page without anyone having to do anything beyond hitting the + sign to add the book when writing them.

If more people wanted to join, I wanted to let them post or discuss however the hell they wanted to and I'd just check both the dashboard and the bookclub.
Tigus 1 year ago
I think what I'm going to do now is read the book starting on August 19th. I'll then start contributing to the Group, but I don't want to be a co-Adminstrator...just be a very active contributor. I'm not quite sure why you and I would read the book now, but the Group encourages anyone else to start that particular book on a somewhat later date; that's where I'm a bit confused. the Group may not actually attract anyone else, but if it were to do so, all any newcomers would see is an August 19th target date. so, um, I'm gonna hit that target date, which matches what anyone affiliated with the Group is doing. if you start reading the book this week...well, I'm not going to at this point, I'm gonna leave it to August 19th. sorry if there's been any confusion or wires crossed. again, I will be reading the book, and contributing to the group, and having dialogue with you, starting August 19th, and I think I'm comfortable with that as my plan.
Debbie's Spurts 1 year ago
You don't have to be co-administrator. I was just giving you access to change whatever you want with the group, including start and finish dates and discussion topics. Honestly, if no one else joins in, dashboard posts and comments on them works fine for me. It would just be fun if more join in.
Tigus 1 year ago
fair enough--I mean, my plan means I would be the next best thing to a busy co-administrator, because I plan to be active, doing posts, all that. it's the date for the Book 2 reading that I just needed to try and work out with you. plus--by some weird magical twist of fate--I found out it's Shark Week right after unwittingly switching to a shark book, so I'm kind of in a shark mood all of a sudden. so, I'm gonna read A Dance Of Blades on August 19th, and go from there.
Debbie's Spurts 1 year ago
Okay, I'll adjust the dates so Danc eof Blades starts August 19.
Debbie's Spurts 1 year ago