5 years ago
Wait, what happened?
5 years ago
If you click the title, it will bring you to the article.
XOX 5 years ago
Thanks
5 years ago
So do I understand correctly that the issue is the author objects to those who are biologically male but identify as female or gender neutral being allowed in a female only college?
Tannat 5 years ago
The article seems to indicate to me that the author thinks that not requiring the students to be "legally" women (i.e. to accept people earlier in their transition) would destroy the college's "safe-space" environment and possibly leave the policy open to abuse. But I'm just going off the article since this is the first I'd heard of this woman.
XOX 5 years ago
Well, she is a feminist writer and her book were wide read by feminists and liberals. What is she so outspoken about, is a woman university accepting MTF transgender women to be accepted. I didn't know if she is well known in mainstream society, but I read her book and is now disappointed.
XOX 5 years ago
Lora. Yes. That's what all it is. She is angry because transgender women are accepted into all women university. FYI, transgender women are not "biological' male, but assigned male. Biology is a bit more complex. For a transgender woman, she is always a female but wrongly assigned male in her certificate.
5 years ago
So, this is to do with people who undergo gender reassignment surgery? Sorry if I seem thick, but the prefix 'trans' has been hijacked by various groups and confused the issue.
XOX 5 years ago
Not necessary. Surgery is not a requirement for a person to change assigned gender. A person who knows his or her own gender, could get the assigned gender change. I am lucky to have friends who went through the transition, so this issue is pretty clear to me. A person has the right to tell other people what gender he or she really.
5 years ago
I also have friends who have dealt with a spectrum of gender issues, so wish to understand better. Some are straight forward, but not all.