Steelwhisper 9 years ago
It's hard to comment this or answer your question without spoiler tags in comments. I'm not sure they work there. But to point in the direction of what I think: we /are/ in Rho's head.

Lovely review!
abgayle 9 years ago
There is an omniscience about the viewpoint at times though. "He doesn't have to understand. Not yet" Why not write: And it's good. The last thing he expected.
What do you see "it" as and why didn't he see "it" coming?
Steelwhisper 9 years ago
I agree, "it" is ambigous. Personally I didn't see Miller going to such lengths just to end up killing Rho.

But that may be because I dislike death!fic, or it may be because I saw Miller finding something like a precious gem, something he never thought of ever finding. I guess I indeed put myself into him, because as a Top I've found it consistently difficult and almost impossible to find the kind of bottom I love most to interact with. So I easily can see a Top deciding to risk a lot for that. I myself did once. I also see Miller being quite tired of what he is doing.

It /is/ an extremely well-written story, and incited a quite violent reaction in me as well. Great skill.
Kayla Jameth's Corner 9 years ago
It resulted in me getting the rest of her works.
Kayla Jameth's Corner 9 years ago
I agree with you Steelwhisper. I thought the thing that Rho never saw coming was kindness in any form from the enemy.
abgayle 9 years ago
Finish the sentence please....!!! ???
Lisa Henry 9 years ago
I love this interpretation, AB! And since I wrote the whole thing never really deciding if Miller was a villain or a hero, and the ending was intentionally ambiguous, I think it's as valid as any other interpretation of the ending.
Lisa Henry 9 years ago
And whoops...I meant to make a paragraph break but submitted my comment instead. Let's try that again.

Can I just add how awesome it is not only when people read your stuff, but when they actually interpret it differently! Seriously, thanks for reading, everyone!
Lisa Henry 9 years ago
Thanks, Kate :)
Steelwhisper 9 years ago
It is a great story. Miller is the one I could most identify with, so inevitably I "sided" with him. But AB has nailed the fine points of the writing in her review. Lovely, lovely!