Comments: 7
Degrees of Affection 5 years ago
Great review! Sorry the book never moved into 3-D. I agree, 2-D is an excellent description for some books. Also, your reference to Florida surviving sea levels raising from your previous review had me laughing all over again! Thanks for making my day!
Hey no problem :D Those goddam rising sea levels - that will forever stick in my mind as the most ridiculous logic-fuck-up ever written !! Oh Lauren Destefano !! I actually almost bought the next book in that series this morning before my memory kicked in, I recalled the Florida debacle and placed it quietly back on the shelf.
Degrees of Affection 5 years ago
Don't blame you! I'd be steering clear of it too!
I've almost done that a dozen times. It's so hard to keep track of all the books you want and the ones you DON'T!
Oh I know - i accidentally bought Walking Disaster, you know? Some kind of sequel or something to that atrocity Beautiful Disaster? When I came to my senses I stuffed it at the back of the bookcase and that's where it's gonna stay :D
Degrees of Affection 5 years ago
I've not read Beautiful Disaster. I've heard lots of different thoughts on the book...and I'll admit I've toyed with picking it up. I think my library has it so I won't have to put money down on it.
Frankly, I don't let books like that onto my shelves. If I buy a book by accident that I know I don't want, it goes to a used book store as soon as possible. At the very least, it's in a box so it won't infect my other books. :)
WON'T INFECT YOUR OTHER BOOKS - LOL !!! :D
Degrees of Affection 5 years ago
LOL! I personalize my books far too much. My husband laughs at me but I can't help it. My favorites get the better shelves (yes, I play favorites with my books!), I don't put certain books besides each other, etc. After reading a completely horrendous book last year (OMG, I still shudder just thinking of that thing), it went into a box and the lid was closed. I didn't want that thing ANYWHERE near me...or my books. That thing could have been infectious. ;P