Comments: 3
Degrees of Affection 5 years ago
Yeah, I tried a Green book once and decided never again. And the more and more I read reviews of this book, the more I plan to stick to that. Yours is one of the best - both in explaining why this book doesn't work and in painting it in better terms then usual - that I've read and yet your take tells me this is so not for me. Why is it he does not seem able to make likeable characters?
I think one of the main problems I have with John Green's books is that he seems unable to write more than one character and unfortunately you either like that one character or you don't. I also, after watching a couple of his vlogs on YouTube have a sneaking suspicion that that one character is in actual fact himself in teenaged form. Which book did you read?
Degrees of Affection 5 years ago
An Abundance of Kathrines. I actually liked the math (and like you from another post I never understood what they were talking about) in the book but the characters and the plot were...meh. And that was the best, because there were times I wanted to scream at every one of them.

I'd wondered about who he was writing. The only character that seemed in any way developed was the boy and I wondered if he was a younger version. Good to know.