I love Oolong as well -- and Jasmine tea. Lovely post, thanks for sharing! And your teapot is absolutely to die for.
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
Thank you! Jasmine is our go to tea at home and we all love it!
BrokenTune 5 months ago
That teapot is so gorgeous. I understand why you want to keep it pristine.

I also love you tea selection. I really like Chrysanthemum tea, jasmine, and other herbal ones, too.
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
Thanks! I just can't get myself to use it, so it's been sitting as a decoration before it got boxed up for a while.
Tannat 5 months ago
I love your teapot too! But I say...use it! Just because although it's nice to keep it pristine and pretty, I think you'll enjoy using it too, and it seems well thought-out in terms of size and the inner steeping mesh.
Seconded. Personally I wouldn't be capable of *not* using it ... I'm amazed at your self-control as it is!
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
I DO love the size--just enough for a cup or two of tea. I'm just so afraid of chipping it or breaking it, or just doing ANYTHING to it... even though it's pewter and probably doesn't chip or break that easily.

I may just have to make myself give it a use, though, just to say that I did get a chance to use it. =D
Murder by Death 5 months ago
I agree with Tannat and TA; use it! It's gorgeous! BUT... I also get where you're coming from. I had a couple of teapots, one a small enamelled iron pot about the size of your dragon pot, and a larger one I bought in Delft that I didn't use for years and years, because I was afraid of messing them up. I eventually got to the point where it occurred to me that the things I admire at other people's houses are the things they've obviously used and loved, so now I use the heck out of my little enamelled pot. :D The Delft one... ok, that one still mostly stays in the cabinet, but I HAVE used it. :P
Tannat 5 months ago
I understand the reluctance for using it...but it just seems so nice that it seems a shame *not* to use it...
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
True. I'm starting to wonder if I'll end up looking at my teapot one of these days and think to myself, "Why didn't I ever use this?" There may be a trip to pick up some loose leaf tea in my future. hehe
It's so pretty I can totally see you wouldn't want to see it damaged. But still, I don't think I'd be able to leave it unused ... :)
Tannat 5 months ago
Even if it does get damaged...it'll be like the books I own with teeth marks (cat teeth). The damage will remind you of good times.
Portable Magic 5 months ago
I love your teapot! And I can understand the reluctance to use it, but I'd encourage you not to think of chips and dings as "damage". When the lovely things we use begin to show some signs of wear, they're just acquiring a little "character".
BrokenTune 5 months ago
That's a perfect way to think of it! :D
Portable Magic 5 months ago
It keeps me from crying when I look at the doggie claw marks on my hardwood floors!
Murder by Death 5 months ago
Oh! Then our hardwoods have HEAPS of character! lol... (old owners had a dog AND a thing for high heeled shoes)
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
lol That is definitely a wonderful way to look at it!

And our couch set probably has loads of character as well whenever Baby forgets that he's not a cat and starts using the couch as a scratching post...