What an exciting day to look forward to for your entire family -- you all must be so very proud of him!
BrokenTune 10 months ago
That's very exciting and indeed something to look forward to. :)
Ani's Book Abyss 10 months ago
It's funny though... everyone in the family is excited and proud and talking about celebratory dinners... And my brother is all just *shrugs* about it all. That kid...
Just modesty, perhaps?
Ani's Book Abyss 10 months ago
That might be it. It's often hard to tell with my brother. He's got a very well-placed poker face and doesn't ever really get over-excited about anything. Except maybe food, alcohol, and whenever the dog does something weird.

Also, he might just be tired of my parents asking him about graduation and what he's planning on doing afterward--the "have you found a job yet" questions have been going on for weeks, and now my mom has moved into: "Such and such company is hiring now. Why don't you apply there."

So talks of graduation and the future have been met with shrugs and grunts lately.
Ooooh yes, I can see how that would be embarrassing, however well meant!
BrokenTune 10 months ago
Yes, one can sympathise.
WhiskeyintheJar Romance 10 months ago
What an exciting time for you and your family!
Also, " doesn't ever really get over-excited about anything. Except maybe food, alcohol, and whenever the dog does something weird."
I...I, think, I'm your brother. Weird, who knew? ;)
Murder by Death 10 months ago
Have you found a job yet? ;-)
BrokenTune 10 months ago
*snort*
Ani's Book Abyss 10 months ago
hehe My long lost brother! Truth is, add the word books into that sentence, and I think I also described myself...
Murder by Death 10 months ago
Congratulations to your brother and your entire family! Definitely something to look forward to. :)
Ani's Book Abyss 10 months ago
Thank you! Very exciting, indeed!
Person Of Interest 10 months ago
Congrats to your brother. Hope the pending graduation celebration is a lot of fun for everyone in the family. :)
Ani's Book Abyss 10 months ago
We've finally narrowed the restaurant down to three possibilities, for a big group. The hardest part was trying to figure out how to accommodate all the relatives and make sure they'll enjoy themselves, and be able to find something they'll want to eat; since they're not exactly the most open about different kinds of cuisine. So I promised my brother we'd do something, just direct household family, together at a nicer place of his choosing another time.