Creamy truffle sauce? Sounds delicious! :)
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
It was wonderful! I will have to visit this place again for more. Though I suppose I could always just try to make my own.
Char's Horror Corner 5 months ago
What Themis-Athena said! YUM!
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
YUM, indeed! lol =D
BrokenTune 5 months ago
That is a lovely excuse for not reading, and that description of food is making me crave something equally delicious. Glad you had a fun time. :D
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
Thanks! My two loves in life: food and books. So I guess I legit had a reason to be distracted from reading. hehe =D
I think I've only had apps at the Yard House, but I love their crazy beer selection, I think they say they have 300. I'm a dark beer gal, so when I saw your picture I was hoping you'd put up what you got. Chocolate and Peanut butter porters work for me in smaller increments, I can't drink the full 16oz because of how sweet they get but they are a great "dessert" beer.
Thanks for the little window into your week :)
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
I'm not really a beer person, but I'll try select few types. For instance, I can't stand pale ales at all, and am meh about domestics, or the all too popular Heineken and Corona. I'm okay with wheat beers, and have recently started trying dark beers because my youngest brother seems to like them. And we kind of have the same taste in foods and drinks.

The beer I got was called a Boulder Shake Chocolate Porter, and it was pretty good. Although, to date, my favorite is the Sam Smith Chocolate Stout that I can usually get at any Old Chicago. There's also a very nice vanilla porter at Bricktown Brewery, but I don't remember what it's actually called.

And also: Peanut Butter porter???? I am going to have to figure out where to find one of those!
BrokenTune 5 months ago
Hey, I think I've been to The Yard House in Houston. If there is one in the City Center, then I think I have been. Memory is a bit hazy but I seem to remember some beer called Moose Drool?
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
Oh, I think I saw that Moose Drool selection on the drink menu, but totally ignored it! lol I was more interested in the chocolate porter, and even the rogue hazelnut one my brother had wanted.