Ani's Book Abyss 2 weeks ago
P.S. Monkey and Penni have also agreed to make a few guest appearances in some of the non-book task posts I may post in future. =)
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
I love your organisation and your markers! Warm welcome back to both Penny and Magnetic Monkey. :)

I'll pass on a heads up re: the card; the 'old' doors will have a blue background that *might* blend with Magnetic Monkey's sweater.

Re: lack of sleep b/c you've lost yourself in a html hole - I hear you. Oh boy do I hear you. :)

I love your banner - I was trying to stay as non-denominational/secular as possible given the theme, but I missed not being able to use awesome Christmas art. :D
Ani's Book Abyss 2 weeks ago
Thanks! At this point, I've actually just finished my final product, re: the tracking table, which I think looks a bit more organized than what I started off with. Another html hole, which is why I'm still up at 3 A.M. my time here. *sigh* I really need to have more respect for proper sleep patterns. hehe It'll start making an appearance with future updates.

Hmm... a blue background, huh. I might have to come up with something. Though I might just keep the original card with unopened doors to mark with. I'll play by ear.

hehe I felt I needed a banner of some sort. At first, I just cropped the top off of the card, but I couldn't make the penguin tree work with it. But snowflakes on a blue background seemed like a simple enough graphic. And I really, really wanted to include the holiday penguin tree somewhere. I was being really stubborn about that.
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
I applaud your stubbornness. :)

And good point about using the original card - I keep forgetting (probably as a coping mechanism so I don't dwell on how many hours I lost), that the active card isn't actually a single image, but many layers of them. And buckets of CSS. Yeah, just use the card you have and keep MM's blue sweater. ::grin::
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
I love this so much. All of it. Penni, Monkey, your banner (especially the penguins!), the way your card looks. I'd say it was time well spent! :D
Ani's Book Abyss 2 weeks ago
Hehe Thank you! I'm glad you approve! I've been trying to find a way to re-incorporate Penni and Monkey once again since last year's BL-opoly and they were such a hit. While we probably won't get a lot of regular story-like updates this time, at least they're part of the scene again! =D

Honest truth, I'm actually quite satisfied with myself right now after spending all those hours in what MbD dubbed "a html hole." In contrast, the markers were a much faster ordeal once I had my idea and figured out how Paint 3D worked. The html was another story since I'm still learning how to play around with tables.
Kitty Horror 2 weeks ago
I love how organised you are. :)
Ani's Book Abyss 2 weeks ago
Thanks! The organized chart always makes me feel more productive. Lol
Portable Mistletoe 2 weeks ago
I'm so happy to see Monkey and Penni back, and I especially love Monkey's elf hat. And I think I might have squeeee'd out loud a little over your penguin tree. whoops.
Ani's Book Abyss 2 weeks ago
hehe! I squee'd at the penguin tree, too! lol And then I said to myself, "I must use this penguin tree. I must!" So the banner was born! lol
*Such* a beautful and creative update post! Welcome back Peek-a-boo Penni Claus and Magnetic Elfin Monkey! And that penguin Christmas tree is too cute for words.
Ani's Book Abyss 2 weeks ago
Thank you! Monkey and Penni are glad to be back!