Oh, I love those gravestones. I wonder how many people saw the one with Kay's fudge recipe and actually went ahead and tried it?
Ani's Book Abyss 2 weeks ago
The quote on the first one really stood out to me. And I thought the Kay's fudge recipe thing was cute. I can imagine people visiting their own loved ones, then stopping and copying down that recipe.
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
I have never tried a tamale. I must rectify this one day.
Ani's Book Abyss 2 weeks ago
They are by far my favorite of Mexican foods! I have a thing for corn, though, so that could explain my obsession with them. =D
Yumm! Tamales!
Ani's Book Abyss 6 days ago
Yassss! I actually haven't had tamales in some time. I'm super glad this task gave me a reason to do so! =D =D =D
Happy to oblige! :D
Person Of Interest 6 days ago
I love tamales! When we lived in New Mexico we got together with our neighbors a few times and made big batches so we could all have some to freeze, as well as eat at Christmas. We made the fillings ahead of time --each contributing something different-- and then prepared the masa and streamed corn husks the day we assembled them.

I really loved the holiday traditions of the South West. :)
Ani's Book Abyss 6 days ago
That sounds like a wonderful tradition! =D
One of the best Christmases I ever spent was in Santa Fe, NM. (It was when & where my "hats" photo was taken, too.) I came home not only with half a cupboard's worth of bowls and dishes but also with a "Christmas in New Mexico" cookbook ...
Oh my god, I need those tamales in my life!
Ani's Book Abyss 6 days ago
Right? Don't they look so yummy? =D
BrokenTune 6 days ago
Are you kidding about the tamales not looking pretty in your picture? Because, I'm really hungry looking at them.
Ani's Book Abyss 6 days ago
=p. Thanks. It looked more a mess in person, so I'm going to attribute the pretty photo to my amateur, yet pretty leet photo taking skillz!