Love the hats -- and who's that wearing them, together with Penni?

And your day at the races sounds like a fun experience. What made you go ... just to see what it's like? Love the photo with the horses all flying past the flags ... very dramatic.
Ani's Book Abyss 2 months ago
That's Blue Bear! He's a gift from my best friend years ago and probably won't make many photo appearances in blog--he's shy. But he's also grown attached to my hat.

And it was kind of a "What do we want to do this weekend?" thing while we were visiting my brother in Dallas. He happened to look up an event calendar and saw the races, so asked if my parents would be interested. We have dog races near where I live--of which I've never been to--but my parents have. So he figured Mom and Dad might be interested to see horse racing.
What a great family trip. And I love Blue Bear! Please tell him not to be shy ... he's such a cutie!
Portable Mistletoe 2 months ago
I love that "happy face" hat, and Donald is the perfect character to illustrate it.
Ani's Book Abyss 2 months ago
Indeed. The Original Angry Bird!
BrokenTune 2 months ago
Lovely hats. And we get to see where Peek-a-boo Penni gets her name. Love Blue Bear, too.
Ani's Book Abyss 2 months ago
Thanks! And yes, "Peek-a-boo... I see you, Penni!"
Ugh. Jello hair treatment. I think now I've really heard it all ...
Ani's Book Abyss 1 month ago
Yeah. I must have blocked out that memory, so I'm glad my best friend remembers things like this.

I'm actually recalling the moment in high school history now, when my friend had mentioned it off-hand that her aunt used Jello mix to dye hair with. I'm sure it was a combination of "What the what?" and "Ew... doesn't that get sticky?"
Groan. The mere mental image ...!