Ech. Thank you, but no thank you. Next ...!!
Lillelara 5 years ago
Good decision :). You don´t know how satisfactory it is to read the Illiad after this book. It´s like driving a Porsche after having owned a Yugo for years.
Well, at 61% you can well and truly say you squeezed that Yugo for all it was worth ... :(

Porsche indeed!
BrokenTune 5 years ago
*sighs* I had such high hopes for this book. Thanks for taking one for the team and reading this so I don't have to. From all the quotes you shared this doesn't even read like good romance...
Lillelara 5 years ago
You´re welcome :). I´m pretty sure that this book won´t be for you, BT.

I stick by my statement that this book reads like a YA novel. And it´s most definitely not a good romance, because the way the romance has been written makes me feel nothing. I´m sure that I wouldn´t have shed a single tear for the two main characters. And this makes me wonder if I´m a litlle bit dead inside, because all the reviews on goodreads are culminating in huge sob fests.

*sigh* In times like these I like to quote Roger Murtaugh: "I´m too old for this shit". And I think sometimes I really am.
BrokenTune 5 years ago
I'm sure you're right. You know my reading tastes pretty well.

It is so annoying, tho, because it is one of the books that lots of people seem to love and it covers the story of Achilles. It had so much promise.

Anyway, at least it lead you to enjoy The Iliad. :D
Lillelara 5 years ago
Annoying is the right word. The premise of the book sounded so good and I really liked some of the characters. It just wasn't enough.

So far the Illiad is great :D. Agamemnon is a douche and Achilles is running to his mum ;). And the gods are right there in the middle of it all.
5 years ago
Bummer! Good for you for not wasting any more time on it.
Lillelara 5 years ago
Thanks :D. Yeah, I couldn´t see myself reading another page of this book.
Ah, yeeeaaaah. You know, I kind of figured, but it's good to have it confirmed before I tried it myself. Sighs.