Your loving Granny is all the start you need. Now you only have to find the right book. And forget Esk, she's not a recurring character.
BrokenTune 5 years ago
This is just the first in the Witches series. Stick with Granny, she just gets better in each book! (Tho, I also love Nanny.)
Lillelara 5 years ago
I´m really looking forward to read about the witches (all of them). I already have Wyrd Sisters on my shelf. I might still have a square left where I can use that one :D.
Good! And you're also joining the "Hogfather" buddy read, aren't you?
Lillelara 5 years ago
Yes, I´m am :).
BrokenTune 5 years ago
Yay! DEATH is a brilliant character, too. :D
Excellent! -- And, yes, he is! And nowhere more so than in this book, either.
Lillelara 5 years ago
I´ve already met Death every once in a while. He seems to be fun ;). And I have to admit I have a soft spot for the Orang Utan librarian.
Tannat 5 years ago
The librarian shows up in Hogfather! And I think I've already mentioned that Equal Rites is my least favourite Discworld book.
Lillelara 5 years ago
Yes, you did :). Gives me hope for all the other books in the series.
Elentarri's Book Blog 5 years ago
Personally I love all the books with the Night Watch (especially Vimes) in it (except the last book). Mort and any books with DEATH in them are fun too.
Lillelara 5 years ago
I´ve actually read two of the Night Watch books and Guards, Guards I really enjoyed. Men at Arms was the other one I think and this was merely an okay book for me. But I think I will reread both of them at some point.
Mike Finn 5 years ago
I think one of his best stand alone Discworld novels is “Small Gods”. I was fascinated by the ideas in it.
Tannat 5 years ago
Standalone yes, but I know people who started with that one and didn't get all the ramifications of the scene with the desert at the end (with Death).
Portable Magic 5 years ago
Of all the Discworld books I've read so far, Equal Rites was my least favorite. I'm glad you're joining on the Hogfather read!