Char's Horror Corner 4 months ago
This is a nice post! Will you be continuing with the Thursday posts like you used to? I really enjoyed those. Plus the site seems to be working nice and quick today. Yay!

I've challenged myself to 150 books this year.
BrokenTune 4 months ago
This post WAS a piece of Thursday candy, wasn't it? ...
Murder by Death 4 months ago
Oh, don't tease me BT... I miss those Thursday posts so much. :)
BrokenTune 4 months ago
I missed them, too, which made seeing this one very special. :)
BookLikes 4 months ago
;-)
BrokenTune 4 months ago
Yay! Great post!
I'm taking it easy this year and will focus alomost entirely on the books that I already have at home or on the kindle. (It may take longer than 1 year to read all of them....)

I'm going with 52 for the challenge but I really don't care about the number.
Murder by Death 4 months ago
Excellent post! Happy new year! :)

Like BT, I'm taking it easy too - no yearly challenges except the BL annual one. I've set that at 200, which is higher than I normally set it, but MT mocked me all year last year for 'only' setting it at 175, so, yes, I went with 200 so he would stop. :D
BrokenTune 4 months ago
Since MT is now a serious reader, what is his challenge goal? ;) And also, when is he joining BL?
Murder by Death 4 months ago
HA! I need to ask him that, lol. Although he demurs when I mention joining BL; he doesn't like the idea of writing about what he's read. He's a little OCD and I think he's afraid if he joins us he'll start taking it all very seriously. :)
Ha. Real men ALWAYS take what they read VERY seriously. Just look at every single review of mine. Practically tomes of seriousness :-)
BrokenTune 4 months ago
We're all pretty serious around here. At least sometimes.....I mean look at the categories for the Romance Bingo - it's almost like an academic research effort went into identifying all the different tropes ....
Murder by Death 4 months ago
:D ... there's an appropriate, but funny, response to this and I can't find it, lol.

Truthfully I'd love to read what he'd write; he's actually a very good writer (I crowned him king of all personal notes to be written about 5 seconds after we became 'us') and I think he'd write entertaining reviews. But he's not there yet. He's been living BL vicariously through me more and more though so... 6-12 months more and... maybe. ;-)
Murder by Death 4 months ago
@BT: that's the thing. I think he worries he'll get into it as much as he gets into his sports and then he'll stress about when he'll have time to do both justice (he's a stress-er). Plus, when would he have time to play Angry Birds?!
BrokenTune 4 months ago
@Bookstooge: "Tomes of seriousness" sounds like a great name for a band.
It could either be a full orchestra playing death metal, or someone like Yanni or Jim Brickman singing opera.
BookLikes 4 months ago
We're impressed with your no of books! Fingers crossed! :)
Grimlock ♥ Vision 4 months ago
Since saying this privately has done nothing, I'll say it publicly. http://allhailgrimlock.booklikes.com/post/1511973/my-buttons-on-my-blog-page

You guys messed up the buttons - unlike, reblog, unfollow, dashboard, message and stats - on my blog pages. A friend sent Kate proof that it wasn't something I could fix, or something that I could have mucked up in the first place.

I'm pretty unhappy the longer I don't get answers on when this might be fixed, in combination with the slow-quick-slow speed of BL lately. I figure maybe this will at least warn others. BL's IT will mess up your pages and the answer is a resounding 'shrugs, oh, well.' Perhaps me pointing this out on your blogs will actually get something done, although I suspect it won't. It's pretty unfair of you to let this languish since I've been shown proof that this was on your part. So I'll ask publicly. I'll ask publicly and repeatedly: can you actually put pressure on your IT team to fix this, or give me the tools to fix this myself? It bothered others more than it bothered others in the past, and I was sure it was something I could fix before. Now I know it's not. And it's bugging me more.

ETA: and I'd like to point out to the BL community in general that BL mucked up my pages - and they simply don't care. If they don't care about messing up one person's page, what makes you think they will care if/when it happens again?

Not a good sign. Not a good sign at all. I'm much more wary after getting this response, seeing the continued lag in times - Kate got this info a while ago, and I know it's really up to IT to fix this and not something she can do anything about - and then not getting this fixed.
BookLikes 4 months ago
Grim, as we've written in our resent email message the issue has been added to our IT's agenda. As soon as we have more information what has happened and what can be done, we'll let you now. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Also, let's make the communication organized. If you wish to report some sort of a bug or concern, please mail the BL team directly with details or add the note in the Bug reports discussion thread http://booklikes.com/thread/176/bug-reports
Thank you.
Grimlock ♥ Vision 4 months ago
I did e-mail Kate. Someone else did with all the details. We were told that it just wasn't something you were able to fix in the near future and you didn't know when you'd be able to fix it, and basically I was out of luck.

I wanted to post it here because not only did I want to bring this to your attention but to the attention of those who didn't check in on the Bug Reports thread.

BookLikes 4 months ago
Grim, we're really sorry that your blog lacks the buttons. The problem has been sent to our tech team and we still wait for further information regarding this matter. When we receive more information we'll e-mail you immediately. Promise.

As always, we're open to all kind of feedback. We'll do all to help & support, and yes, if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know either via email or the bug discussion thread.
poem trophy 4 months ago
Hi why I don't open my page
BookLikes 3 months ago
Oh, sorry to hear that something went wrong. Could you please send us more details, send info to contact@booklikes.com or kate@booklikes.com.