Comments: 11
I am definitely a series reader love them.I love them as they come out but if I am able to pick up all the books in that series at once I start with the first and sit down and read that entire series until its finished. I love how the books connect to one another and all your favorite characters are throughout the entire series in all the current books or at-least most of them..
BookLikes 3 months ago
Oh yes, we're on the same page here :)
Generally I prefer stand alone, but there are a few exceptions. The Time Shifters Chronicles by Shanna Lauffey is one I'm devoted to and I think I'll have to continue the Jason Crane series by Richard Gleaves.
Mammarella 3 months ago
Depends on the series :) Normally I prefer stand alones, too.
I love reading series, but I dread the wait for the next book. It's much better when I wait until the whole series comes out and then read them all. I did that with The Gunslinger by Stephen King. I loved that series. But, sometimes reading them all at once is too much. The series has to be good. Sometimes I can't wait for the whole series to be released and then I forget what happened in the first book by the time the second one comes out....
At least with Booklikes I can go back and read my original review.
Reviews for series are hard because I never want to give anything away. I like the idea of writing one review of the whole series.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
I like both series and stand-alones, but I read a lot of series. And it sucks waiting for the next one to come out, especially at the beginning, when all the action is new and the characters are still somewhat unpredictable.
So it sounds like the solution is to collect the series, then intersperse reading the books with other things. As if it will ever work that way.
Kate says 3 months ago
I must admit I like to be "late" on the series, then all books are usually released and I don't have to wait for the next part. It's not a perfect solution, though, It's hard to wait if you know you gonna love it.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
Exactly! The best possible is when you discover the series for the first time *after* all its books have been released. :)
I agree completely.
I didn't purposely wait for The Dark Tower series to be finished. I just never thought I would like it. I was lucky in that case.
Lost in Libraries 2 months ago
Even if it's a series I prefer reviewing them one at a time, each with their own post.