That sounds like a super-delicious chili recipe -- thanks for sharing!

And I love your shelfies ... (so tell me again you have no sense of organization ;) ). Is that a fireplace next to the first one of them? Those red bricks look so warm and comfy ...
Portable Magic 11 months ago
I'm definitely trying the chili recipe, as soon as it gets cool enough here. And I agree that a few glugs of beer takes it to the next level.

I really like that wall-mounted bookshelf. I'm going to have to find one like it! Most "book" shelf units are really much too deep for books.
Portable Magic 11 months ago
I tend to use a fairly light hand with the heat in my chili, because I find chili is always best on the second and third days after cooking, once the flavors all get a chance to interdigitate, and what's a good spice level right after cooking somehow gets hotter and hotter over time. My favorite beer for chili is Shiner Bock. I don't know why, but dark beer just tastes better, IMO.
Murder by Death 10 months ago
I'm the same Portable Magic - I love a good dark beer in my cooking (although can't actually stand the taste of beer to drink it). I use stouts in my beef stew recipe, and an English Bitter in my cottage pie.

This chili is definitely going to get a try here in chez chat fou - although we're finally starting to warm up, so it might be awhile (or not - in Melbourne you never know).
Murder by Death 10 months ago
We're able to buy them by the can here, so we only just get one when we need one for cooking (MT is not a stout fan either). That does make a difference; otherwise, I'd be using Stella Artois or whatever else he had in the fridge. :)
"Chez Chat Fou" -- there should be a restaurant named like that. With a corresponding sign ...
BrokenTune 11 months ago
How are you a bad bibliophile? Is there such a person? Just look at all those neatly shelved lovelies!
Umm, I always thought these are the very things that define an ardent (i.e., good) bibliophile ... ?
BrokenTune 11 months ago
My thoughts exactly, TA.
Murder by Death 10 months ago
If you didn't have random stacks of books everywhere, I'd suspect those shelves of just being for show - they are way too neat and tidy looking. The stacks tell the viewer that you actually read those books! ;)

The shelves look great - and I'm so glad I'm not the only one that double buys books. Even though I keep lists and stuff. :P
Char's Horror Corner 11 months ago
Okay, LOVE YOUR SHELVES!! Am I the only one turning my head sideways to see what's on there? I definitely see McCammon's They Thirst. In fact, that might be Night Boat and Boy's Life up there too. (My eyes aren't what they used to be!)

The chili sounds great .

It was nice learning more about you!
Char's Horror Corner 11 months ago
And Swan Song! And is that Anno Dracula? LOL Sorry.
Midu Reads 11 months ago
Okay, so your bookshelves are beautiful! And I love your definition of "loose". From now on, that is what I will mean when I use the word lol
Person Of Interest 11 months ago
Loved your 'loose' definition too! Thanks for sharing. It's nice getting to know a fellow BLer better. :)
WhiskeyintheJar Romance 11 months ago
Definitely trying that Chili recipe! Your bookshelves are divine, darling. So happy that BLs featured you and others can get an opportunity to see how awesome you are.
Rachel's books 11 months ago
Thanks for including the recipe! I will be trying it. Nice shelfies!
Murder by Death 10 months ago
❤️❤️❤️

Loved your answers, and your shelfies (of course) and that quote from Roosevelt has always been one of my favourites too. Wondering which other question you skipped though. ;)
Murder by Death 10 months ago
I'm one of those that don't think the covers fit the books (mostly because Mercy is so scantily clad in most of them)... BUT it is gorgeous art. Really stunning, so we're in total agreement there. :)
Rane Aria 10 months ago
Books and Chili! Perfect autumn recipe. Awesome shelfie and made a copy of the chili recipe for the cool weather coming in next week ;D
Jennifer's Books 10 months ago
I love your bookshelves! :D The chili recipe sounds great!

I'm also a fan of stepbacks. Even the cheesy ones. ;)
Obsidian Blue 10 months ago
Loved your answers and quotes! Also your Halloween marker still makes me smile.
I love the Eleanor Roosevelt quote you selected! And I am totally with you on JZB!
That is awesome! Great way to start any day lol
Your shelves put mine to shame! Mine are all over the place haha