Linda Hilton 1 year ago
Whoo hoo! I know someone famous!

This is a great feature, much more in tune with BookLikes and our community than author shilling.
Obsidian Blue 1 year ago
Ha! Not that famous. I was surprised and touched they contacted me.
It's great to "meet" your cat ... and you all over again, of course! That's such a comfy-looking collection of pillows ... and I just love the picture above your bed.

Totally agreed on "And Then There Were None"! -- Btw, did you see that we've got a thread in the Detection Club group where you can post your bingo card and track your reading progress?

Your second quote ("A room without books ...") is one of my all-time favorites as well.

@Linda: I very much agree: *This* feature is the sort of thing I've come to love Booklikes for. The other one most definitely isn't.
Obsidian Blue 1 year ago
My cat was not pleased about me waking her up to take a picture :-)

I didn't see that thread and will check it out!

I love that quote. There's another one about a home having a library and a garden that I love as well.

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" -- that one? That's another quote I love, too.

Here's the Detection Club thread: http://booklikes.com/thread/3168/detection-club-bingo-track-your-reading-progress?p=0
Obsidian Blue 1 year ago
@Themis yep that quote. Love it.

Thanks for the link!
Portable Mistletoe 1 year ago
Congrats OB on getting featured! and so well deserved, because not only are your posts fun to read, but because you contribute so much to the BL community. I love the idea of little baby OB dreaming of getting Tinkerbell dust and flying with Peter Pan. And your reading spot - does kitty try to sit on your book while you're reading?
Obsidian Blue 1 year ago
Thanks Portable! She has a bad habit of cuddling close and trying to pop her head around to see what I am doing. She's been featured a few times on my blog when I was doing readathon :-D
XOX 1 year ago
Yeah. Congrats to OB. Already a fan.
Thanks XOX!
Congratulations, OB! I enjoyed learning more about you, and I loved the peek at your shelves.

What's your cat's name? :)
Thanks!

My cat's name is Junior.
Murder by Death 1 year ago
No way! I had a black and white cat named Junior - he was the first cat that was every purely 'mine'. :D
Oh cute!
Awesome to see such an active and wonderful member highlighted. I passed on my Babysitter's Club books to a cousin and I still selfishly have a bit of regret because I know I'd still do a re-read once in awhile now. I also felt the need to have them all but when they started to spin off and the Vacation super ones starting coming, I had to take a step back, lol.
I enjoy your reviews and how you read across genres, helps me discover new books and of course greatly appreciate the time and effort you and Moonlight put into coming up with games for us to play.
Also enjoyed the sneak peek at your little buddy and strong pillow game :)
Obsidian Blue 1 year ago
I wish I kept them. I had the original covers too. The super adventures started making things ridiculous as anything though I agree. Remember the one where they got stranded on a deserted island?

Thanks. My living room is lousy with a ridiculous amount of pillows. Can't help it. I have to be comfy.
BrokenTune 1 year ago
Great post, OB! :D
Thanks BT!
Jennifer's Books 1 year ago
Love the shelfies! That second quote is one of my all time favorites too!
Obsidian Blue 1 year ago
Thanks! I actually cleaned due to some of the shelfie posts on the dashboard.
Great interview!
Thanks!
Books Over TV 1 year ago
Oh, how AWESOME!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!
Obsidian Blue 1 year ago
Thanks! And congrats again on your big day!
Rachel's books 1 year ago
Yet another reason to look forward to Friday! I loved finding out more about you OB!
Obsidian Blue 1 year ago
Thanks! I always read the Friday follow posts. So much fun.
Rane Aria 1 year ago
*hugs* Awesome interview Obsidisn and your kitty is so cute! The Babysitters Club series! Man, I loved that series so much all my friends would borrow each other books. I wonder if I still have those books somewhere along with my American Girl books. hmmmm~
Obsidian Blue 1 year ago
Thank you! I'm always tempted to buy them, but am worried I wouldn't love them as much at my age.
Great interview! I loved Peter Pan and Neverland as a kid too, and still do as an adult ;) Reading in bed is the best and yours definitely looks cozy and wonderful. I will be keeping my eye out for the next fabulous game you and Moonlight come up with, I love watching so many people play along and I'm dying to join in the fun! And dinner with Dumbledore sounds magical.
Obsidian Blue 1 year ago
Thanks! I'm all about the cozy bed. I had pillows behind that stack, but you don't see them :-)

I like to think Dumbledore would be fun to have dinner with.
Punya Reviews... 1 year ago
YAY, good to see you here! :D
Thanks Punya!
Murder by Death 1 year ago
Excellent interview! :)
Thanks Murder!
Midu Reads 1 year ago
Hey OB! Please introduce me to the lovely creature on your bed!
Obsidian Blue 1 year ago
That's my cat Junior. Who was grumpy at having her 10th nap of the day disturbed.
Midu Reads 1 year ago
Awww
Bark at the Ghouls 1 year ago
What a great interview and it was so nice to meet Junior!
Thanks!
Leigha's Little Library 12 months ago
It should be a rule that parents/grandparents are not allowed to get rid of their children's books, even if they believe they have grown out of them. As an adult, I would kill to have all the books I loved as a child. I still love children books, too. I'm slowly collecting a lot I loved, The Babysitters' Club being one of them. It was great meeting you and reading your interview!