Hello Leigha, it's nice to meet you!
Leigha's Little Library 10 months ago
Thanks for doing this! As an update, I'm sad to report that I ended up DNFing The Night Circus at least for now. It sadly started to get boring :( My mood might have just changed.
@Themis-Athena's Garden of Books Hello! Nice to meet you as well.
Portable Monsters 10 months ago
Hi Leigha! You have such an inspiring story of learning to read. Others might have just given up - some of my family have had learning challenges and they don't read for pleasure at all. And - obviously! - your favorite book quote is one of mine as well.
Leigha's Little Library 10 months ago
Thank you! It was really hard and I was really determined to be able to read. I have/had dyslexia. It's pretty much not a problem for me now, but I still have some mix ups every now and again with my writing, and sometimes focusing can be hard. When I was younger, I just couldn't read at all, but we worked with some programs in the school and my mom read to us all the time; I'm not sure how, but things just started to click. I read 24/7, even during class, but the teachers pretended not to notice. Ha ha I can't understand how one doesn't like to read for pleasure. It's so fun!
Portable Monsters 10 months ago
Your mother sounds like a wonderful person - how lucky you were to have such support and resources available to you. But I admire the determination and persistence you must have shown as well.
Leigha's Little Library 10 months ago
Thanks for doing this Kate. It is so awesome. Today has been a real good day so far! I won 4 books in 2 different giveaways and then this. The bookish world smiles on me.
BookLikes 10 months ago
Thank you, Leigha! It's great to have you on BookLikes! Have a wonderful reading time. Enjoy!
Char's Horror Corner 10 months ago
Hello, Leigha! It's so nice to meet you! Your stacks of books on shelves that are sagging look VERY familiar to me. :)
Leigha's Little Library 10 months ago
I worry a bit about the sagging. Haha Nice to meet you, too!
Rachel's books 10 months ago
Love the shelfies! (And it's nice to meet you too!)
Leigha's Little Library 10 months ago
Thank you!
Murder by Death 10 months ago
Nice to meet you Leigha! Great interview and I'll definitely be showing my BF the part about the challenges you had learning to read; her daughter has dyslexia and hates to read. Your story shows there's hope yet! :)

I love shelfie pics - and your TBR is what I'm afraid mine would look like if I stacked all the stacks together. :P
Leigha's Little Library 10 months ago
Thank you very much! I wish her daughter well. Have you tried audio books, or maybe comics, anything to give her the reading bug? I know with dyslexia, it can be harder, but there is hope. My cousin had dyslexia, too and has become a big reader as well.
Jennifer's BOOooOOOks 10 months ago
Ahhhh! I love your shelfies! :D

It's lovely to meet you, Leigha!
Leigha's Little Library 10 months ago
Thank you! Nice to meet you as well.
Obsession with words 10 months ago
Your book shelves are crammed like mine! I love to see crammed shelves like that. I love the dolls and other things you've added too. I have little things around mine too. No bookends though because who has room for those? Nice to meet you btw. I'll have to check out your youtube channel. I saw the animorphs book and remembered when my younger son got one of those. He got so scared by something he read in one of those and woke up screaming. I don't remember which one it was but I had to put that one away for a while.
Midu Reads 10 months ago