The Holy Terror 4 years ago
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the only way to block someone is if they're following you or if they post inappropriate comments on your posts? Which leads to blocking (Ghost Status) though: down-voting or deleting the inappropriate comment?
Dawid Piaskowski 4 years ago
For now you have to follow that person or be followed and go here: http://booklikes.com/friends/followings
Ghost status is an extreme option because Ghost is not vissible to other BL users (besided those people that follow him/her). We verify every report.

Every user is owner of his/her website and can remove any comment under his/hers posts.
The Holy Terror 4 years ago
Ok, so if I know there are people on here that I don't want reading my stuff then I need to follow them and then quickly block them, because they could then have the chance to block me before I can get to block them? Is that a possibility? Does deleting a comment or down voting one have any influence over whether or not staff considers them acting inappropriately, or are these two things separate?
Dawid Piaskowski 4 years ago
Don't worry:) If you get blocked it doesn't mean anything. If e.g. many users start blocking other (newer) user - we get the notification to check that user. That's it. Nothing will be done automatically!
Marianna 4 years ago
I haven't tried this but I read somewhere that to block some who isn't following you you can follow THEM and then block them? Is that right? Does that work? Or is there a new way?
Dawid Piaskowski 4 years ago
For now it's the only way.
Dawid Piaskowski 4 years ago
We are working on that and will release it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Great Imaginations 4 years ago
Thank you for the clarifications. I would also like to express my wish for there to be a feature to preemptively block someone from contacting me without them having to follow me first. Then I can feel fully safe her. :)
Dawid Piaskowski 4 years ago
We will add that :-)
Thanks for clarification! I like these rules, very reasonable and no censorship! (: I agree with everyone above though, being able to block people without them following me would be nice
. (:
Thank you for explaining your mission for the site, and your alignment. I wish I had known about this site sooner.
I am curious - how many votes does it take to get someone in ghost status? I might have missed it, but will the user be notified?
Dawid Piaskowski 4 years ago
Nobody will get Ghost status automatically. We are just getting reports on our mailbox and then verify them. Don't worry :)
The Holy Terror 4 years ago
Lol, I think you know why we're worried ... when you've got a gang of people following you from site to site it's difficult not to be wary about being down-voted to oblivion (this happens in the Amazon forums all the time.)

But I trust you know what you're doing and know how to handle people who might try to abuse your system : )
Thank you, Dawid. I do not have issues following the guidelines, I just do not want to be a victim of online targeting and not understand what is happening.
Basically, THT!
I didn't realize there was a limit of 10 books that you could add to a post. There was one post I made that was meant to be a list of recommended books and I planned to add more books as I found them meaning that I'd probably have more than 10 eventually.

If you don't want to remove that limit, I'd suggest adding a way to make book lists. Thanks
Dawid Piaskowski 4 years ago
We will work this out. Add to our ToDo list!
Cool, thanks.
Cool, thanks.

SilverThistle 4 years ago
Everyone I check seems to have Booklikes as one of their followers...expect me :( Did I do something wrong?
BookLikes 4 years ago
Don't worry, you did nothing wrong :-) And you're on our list now. We're just changing our Following list from time to time and keep track of all our BookLikers :)
SilverThistle 4 years ago
Thank you so much...for the follow AND for putting my mind at rest :D
Marianna 3 years ago
I like this post. It's one of my favorites. Long live â™”Booklikesâ™”!