Just One More Chapter 10 years ago
Congrats and good luck!! :)
Ungh... Arrr... Books! 10 years ago
Congratulations! Hmm... editing tips. Put it aside for a month and then come back to it. Don't fall prey to trying to edit when you do the first read through. Take notes on continuity issues or any plot holes that stand out. Write a one sentence description of each scene, helps with plot analysis. Make sure everything is resolved. Make sure every scene counts and if it's unnecessary mark it for removal. Then... a ton more stuff! Hah... maybe I'll make a post later with a list of all the stuff I do. I'm about to start editing my manuscript so it's all I've been thinking about lately.
Grats again and good luck when you do start to edit! :)
Url Phantomhive 10 years ago
Good luck to you too! Editing doesn't sound easy, but mostly time consuming.
YA Fanatic 10 years ago
yep! Definitely time consuming. I've already started chapter one and have read it like ten different times trying to get things perfect. Hopefully it will be worth it in the end!
YA Fanatic 10 years ago
Thanks! And good luck on your editing!!
Ungh... Arrr... Books! 10 years ago
I wrote up the post. It's really long but I hope you find some of it helpful. :)
YA Fanatic 10 years ago
I'll look at it later tonight! Much appreciated. :D I'm sure I'll find something useful!
Url Phantomhive 10 years ago
Congratulations and good luck with the editing part!
YA Fanatic 10 years ago
Thanks everyone!
YA Fanatic 10 years ago
Hi! First I'm going to start by saying why I'm wrote my book. I was tired of reading about vampire books with friendly vampires or vampires where they acted more like people: Twilight, Coldest Girl In Coldtown, Vampire Diaries, Vampire Academy, Immortal Rules, etc. So, I decided to write a book about a brother and a sister living in a world where vampires have taken over and killed almost everyone. Humans live underground to survive. Brother and sister are vampire hunters and the story progresses from there...hope its something that might interest you!