Char's Horror Corner 3 years ago
Yes, congratulations on losing 7 lbs. Thanks! For the tips! About! The book! !! :)
Book Cupidity 3 years ago
Any!Time!
Book Cupidity 3 years ago
Awh thanks :)
I use MyFP too, it keeps me aware of what I am shoving down the black hole usually without thinking.
Big congrats not he 7 lb ! That is a fantastic drop.
Finding the diet that will work with you is a challenge but it's out there.
Book Cupidity 3 years ago
If there is one thing I know about 'dieting', it's that food journaling is just the right thing to do...and something I love about the app is that I can go back and see what I ate on days that really worked for me, etc. It's a great app with lots of functionalilty. I love that you can add notes and it hooks up with lots of 'step' trackers.
I like that you can add foods/ portions sizes,too. It even has a calorie count for gardening which I never really considered exercise. The first 6 months I was on it I was shocked at how many calories I was eating
Book Cupidity 3 years ago
The nutrition stats too! I KNOW that most of my loss is water weight because, holy moly, I CAN'T IMAGINE the amount of sodium I was intaking everyday!! It's always a shocker when you have it in plain print infront of you.
I know many, many times I probably ate my daily intake caloire in one meal. Thems the knocks though when you aren't paying attention.
Book Cupidity 3 years ago
Gardening is hard work! Weed pulling? My grandma used to try and pay me a nickle a weed when I was a girl and I quit that job so fast...
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 3 years ago
Congrats on kicking the drinking habit because, damn, that's something that once you get used to it, it's hard to find a good replacement. (I also love the DP.) Also I loved the "Fiber is not exciting." part, because no, it's really not!
Book Cupidity 3 years ago
You know, I expected it to be much harder than it was. I did learn within the first day that it was easier to not have ANY rather than having a glass or something in the evening. With the idea of drinking a certain amount of water each day, it was so difficult for me to keep up with that AND have a glass of DDP. I also had to add coffee back in because of the killer headaches.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 3 years ago
Yeah those headaches really sneak up on you too, and then you remember oh right, lack of caffeine. You're right on the water - I make myself drink that instead. If I'm good I have one caffeinated anything a day. (And if I'm not good I file it under Necessary Productivity Treat.)
Book Cupidity 3 years ago
I like NPT. I'm stealing it ;)
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 3 years ago
It makes the soda/coffee break sound so much more vital and professional doesn't it?! I have a lot of days where at 3pm I need a hit of something with some calories or I'll get way too sleepy - so I guess it is kinda vital.
Murder by Death 3 years ago
Congrats - and who cares if it's water weight; it's still 7lbs less than you were carrying around before. Sorry the book wasn't as helpful - I can't believe they were advocating processed foods. Yikes.
Book Cupidity 3 years ago