charlton 6 months ago
My dad was a big L'Amour fan,I remember he started with The Sacketts.
But I think it was a series and I don't remember how many books there were in the series,just that they were short less than 200 pages.
Person Of Interest 6 months ago
My dad was a fan too. Haven't tried any of his work, myself, but I remembered there were lots of books in the Sacketts series and just checked; nineteen in all according to FantasticFiction. L'Amour was incredibly prolific.

Book Cupidity 6 months ago
The Sackett series seems to be the THING to read for L'Amour. They have the first book in the series at the library, so I'll probably give it a go. My dad recently said that if I wanted to read more westerns, that I should pick up a Zane Grey -- a predecessor of L'Amour's.
charlton 6 months ago
I'm glad you found out Person Of Interest,all I could remember is there were alot,thanks for the info.:)
Person Of Interest 6 months ago
'See the varmint' definitely conjures up some visuals. lol

I didn't realize L'Amour wrote this based on the screenplay, either. I've been considering giving some westerns a try too, and this one popped up when I searched Audible. I have hazy memories of the epic film version and thought it might be a fun place to start. Good to know it's got some humor and you enjoyed it enough to try more of L'Amour. Fun review!
Book Cupidity 6 months ago
Thanks! It's the type of western I wanted - the 'not bleak' type. I'm going to have to view the film sometime, it's got a load of great names in it.
Murder by Death 6 months ago
"Iiiaaammm alll right, don't nobody worry 'bout me"

That's what I think of when I see that particular 'varmint', even single time. Not I'll be singing it to myself all day, lol. :)
Book Cupidity 6 months ago
Tell me about it...all day long...singing Kenny Loggins. The part that goes "dip dip dip dip dip dip"? I hear it over and over again.
You know the other song that's bad like that? That Eddie Money song "Two Tickets to Paradise". Once it's on the brain, the loop doesn't stop. Sorry!
Murder by Death 6 months ago
Arg... I'll take Kenny Loggins all day over Eddie Money... Doh!
Person Of Interest 6 months ago
OMG, ear worms! I get them all the time. Kenny vs. Eddie... hmm... like 'em both.

Baby hold on to me... whatever will be will be... the future is ours to see...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Book Cupidity 6 months ago
"Jack, get back, c'mon before we crack...lose your blues, everybody cut footloose."