Comments: 4
YouKneeK 3 years ago
I’m glad to see you’re enjoying this series so much. I’ve been wanting to get to it for a while now, but I haven’t wanted to start a long series while I’m already in the middle of a loooong series (Discworld).

I’m getting close to the end of Discworld, though, so hopefully soon. My plan is to read a Science Fiction trilogy after I finish Discworld, and then I’ll probably read this series next.
Debbie's Spurts 3 years ago
With this one, it took me a bit to really get into the first book of the series. Well, for part of that one Temeraire was literally an egg the naval vessel obtained so wasn't a character until later in that book.

I liked the first book immediately and cared what happened next with the characters, but I got gradually hooked on first book only as all the characters sneakily grew on me.
Debbie's Spurts 3 years ago
While reading one book in series, I'd avoid looking at synopsis of next book(s) -- spoiler issues. Thankfully a friend warned of that before started series (otherwise, this one might not have surprised me do much).
YouKneeK 3 years ago
Thanks for the warning! I normally avoid reading the synopsis for any book I’m already pretty sure I want to read, because I love going into a book completely blind.

Sometimes things catch my eye in spite of myself, though, so I appreciate the warning. I’ll take extra care with avoiding them for this series.