Tannat 3 months ago
Have you read any?
Debbie's Spurts 3 months ago
I've read and recommend "Behind the Throne" which was very good, very fast paced but not hugely "science fiction" (yes, another world and character started on a spaceship but everything seemed faintly medieval/Renaissance court intrigues outside of technology and other planet mentions). Main character mostly great, some annoying moments.

The non-ya sounding others at least sound pretty original or at least SF&F; I'm considering "Hope and Red"; and "The Rule of Luck.." "Snakewood" sounds maybe too grimdark for me -- I'm looking at the sample before deciding. On the fence about "Chasing Embers" because may be trying too hard ...

At 99ยข, I may grab some "maybe reads."
Tannat 3 months ago
Thanks, I hadn't heard of any before (I may have read your Behind the Throne review and not remember it though). Behind the Throne sounds the most interesting to me. Hope and Red sounds iffy (to me), The Rule of Luck sounds like there'd be too many romance tropes (for me), and Snakewood sounds pretty darn grimdark....Chasing Embers seems like it wouldn't be my style (lazy female character writing).
Debbie's Spurts 3 months ago
Yeah, I sometimes like romance but not always in my SF&F. YA or YA sounding characters and tropes are some of my most hated and most loved books both.
Tannat 3 months ago
In theory I don't dislike romance but in practice I frequently do :)
Debbie's Spurts 3 months ago
Booklikes' Amazon.com purchase link is still down and Barnes and Noble link still on hiatus/abandoned; so I'll buy the ones I want via Fictfact to support them.
Debbie's Spurts 3 months ago
I did buy "The a Rule of Luck," "Hope and Red," and "Chasing Embers" -- after all, I do have a Readathon coming up (and a Barnes and Noble gift card).
isanythingopen 3 months ago
I picked up Hope and Red, Chasing Embers, and Snakewood. So much for keeping the TBR contained this year.
Tannat 3 months ago
At least they were cheap?