Comments: 4
Rachel's books 8 years ago
I've read through book 3 and I like Sabina better in each book. Hope you like this as well:-)
Debbie's Spurts 8 years ago
I like the writing and it's not run of the mill.
Rainy Day Reader 8 years ago
Goodreads keeps recommending this darn book to me so I'm glad to see your review. I think I'll skip this one.
Debbie's Spurts 8 years ago
It was awfully uneven, seemed like several different book concepts or atmospheres thrown into one. I think series might still have promise if author can balance the disparate elements better and other reviewers appreciated the humor tossed into middle of more gruesome stuff. But I have a large TBR, did not connect with heroine, and am a bit burnt on all the recommendations for series that say by book 3, 5, ... 238 or whatever--I need to at least like book 1 and then actually let next book hook me. Okay 238 is an exaggeration, but a very good friend whose reading tastes I normally trust seriously recommended one of those fated mate paranormal series to me on the basis that by "book seven" I would be hooked. Bloody hell i am not going to read six meh or disliked books in order to read rest of series *headdesk*