Rane Aria 8 years ago
I'm just waiting for when Marcus finds out about the cats ;D
Murder by Death 8 years ago
As am I - have you read this one yet? He's adopting a cat of his own and I have suspicions he's going to have his own magical cat... maybe?
Rane Aria 8 years ago
I just finished this up and loved it! I always thought the cat he saved that stays at the vet clinic was the one who would end up with him...but in a way I just love the bros as the only magical cats in center stage ^^;
Degrees of Affection 8 years ago
Wonderful review MbD, you summed it up perfectly. I'm so glad there was no tension between them in this book, I kind of liked the laid back air...except for the murder of course. The people and the plot, you got both right. I want to move to this town, even with the snow and the author completely got me on the killer. I was completely surprised!

I'm on the fence about the sibling rivalry. I loved the outcome of the battles we saw but the war itself didn't strike me the same way. I figured out what was going on pretty quick and Kathleen lives with the cats. I kind of felt she was carrying the idiot ball during those moment and that annoyed me. Both her and the author are better then that. But that may just be me.

As for Marcus' future cat (cuz it's totally going to be his), I'm unsure. Though, like Rane Aria, I'm waiting - impatiently too - for when Marcus finally figures out there's more the cats then meets the eye.
Murder by Death 8 years ago
I completely agree with you - it was obvious to me from the moment little purple mouse ended up in the bathtub what was going on. Making Kathleen that dense wasn't the author's finest moment.
Degrees of Affection 8 years ago
Yeah, that's for sure. I also hope we get to see the rest of her family. They sound like fun.