Portable Magic 8 years ago
I guess all authors phone it in at some point. Hopefully she'll get back on track.
Oy.

ETA: I think I have ever known exactly one man who crochets. I am pushing half a century.
Murder by Death 8 years ago
I'm close to the half-century mark too and I don't know any men who crochet. So expecting us to believe 6 of them do is straining the boundaries a bit...
Degrees of Affection 8 years ago
Six is a bit much. I think I've known two but only one actually made stuff regularly.
Sorry this didn't work for you. Which series is she wrapping up? I think I've read the first one in this series and I keep meaning to pick up Cloche and Dagger but having yet.
Murder by Death 8 years ago
She's ending the series she writes under Josie Bell - the Good Buy Girls. It was easily the weakest of the four series and honestly, you'd never know she'd written them the style is so different.
Degrees of Affection 8 years ago
I didn't know she write one under a pseudonym. Makes sense to end the weakest one. Is her cupcake series good?
Murder by Death 8 years ago
It was good - it started off really strong. Then she introduced a love triangle and the last book ended ridiculously. Like "Are you effing kidding me?!?" kind of ridiculous. I don't say that to turn you off from it; it's worth reading, but I think the next book will either bring it back from the brink, or be the series death knell.

In spite of this book, I still think this series and the hat shop series are my two favourites though.
Degrees of Affection 8 years ago
Good to know. Though the Meg Langslow series and now Diane Mott Davidson's are going to keep my busy next year. I found quite a few of Davidson's series in hardback at McKays with crazy prices $1.50 - 3.00! Yeah...we may have come back with a boxful. I'll try to post about my haul in the next few days when I'm not trying to frantically get everything posted on a deadline.
Murder by Death 8 years ago
Ahh... McKays. Good times...
Degrees of Affection 8 years ago
Indeed. :) Thought of you as I was browsing.