Moonlight Reader 5 months ago
I love your kitty gamepiece!
Murder by Death 5 months ago
Thanks! I used to go for the Iron every time, then I just read they got rid of the Iron (?!?), but replaced it with the cat... so I'm happy! :)
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
I was so sad when we got a new game board and there was no iron! It was always my go to piece. I mean, the kitty game piece is cute, but the iron was my favorite. Next favorite was the boot.
Person Of Interest 5 months ago
I had the cat picked out too, but I think I'll sit this one out. I was a monumental fail at Halloween bingo, and I can tell I'd be even worse at this, so I'll just follow along.
Murder by Death 5 months ago
As long as you had fun, right? My first thought was to sit this out, tbh, but this game is 3.5 months long so I don't think I have the attention span to burn myself out, lol. And I like that you can skip squares if you want - so if I lose steam for a bit, I can still pick it back up later. :)
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
Looks good! I was trying to figure out how to place a game piece on the graphic board on computer, but couldn't get it right--at least I couldn't get it to look as nice as yours. Which kind of sucks, because while skimming all the different existing Monopoly game pieces, I had my heart set on a penguin game piece.

I decided to just to with a real time paper game board with magnets attached to one of my many whiteboards, and using a metal Teddy Bear magnet that sort of looks like it could be a Monopoly game piece, then take pictures and upload to share.
Murder by Death 5 months ago
I had it nailed using CSS - that was the way I wanted to go too, because in the long term it would be easier to 'move' the piece along the board. BUT, it turns out that the 'position' coordinates don't work the same on the dashboard and the blog view - and the difference is big enough that if I put in on the correct space on the dashboard, it's on a space to the right on the blog view. :( So I had to go the Photoshop route after all.
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
My knowledge of CSS is so minimal, but that sounds like it would have been a pretty awesome idea--to be able to just 'move' your piece with each roll. And now you probably have a create a whole new photo with each roll. Sorry your CSS route didn't work out. :(

I've noticed that not a lot of things show up on dashboard view, though it'll show up in blog view, like the 'Wheel Decide' spinny wheel that Moonlight posted on one of the BL-opoly info posts. I don't think I would have known it was there if I hadn't decided to pull up that specific post in blog view for some reason. And some of the added CSS script I put on my blog only shows in blog view as well. I suppose dashboard is just more simplified?

If I do decide to play, we have an old (40+ year old) Monopoly board that is getting remade. If I can find it.
Obsidian Blue 5 months ago
I'm a thimble!
I was always the thimble. My mother was always the iron, my father the dog, and my grandfather liked the top hat.
Murder by Death 5 months ago
I think my sister was the thimble (she's a whiz with a needle!). I don't know why I always chose the iron, I sure as hell don't every iron. I had one dropped on my face once as a kid, so maybe ... no that just makes it stranger. :P All I remember was I was never a huge fan of the scotty dog for some reason.
I think I liked the thimble when I started playing, because it was easy to handle and move. (I was 8.) Later it was just habit and tradition.
Ani's Book Abyss 5 months ago
I like the iron for the same reason Susanna likes the thimble--the iron was easy to pick up... in my opinion. My brother was always the ship, my youngest brother loved the scotty dog, and my older brother would play with what he was in the mood for, but usually either the top hat or the car. I think later on there was a moneybag, and my brother dropped the ship in favor of that one... hehe