Yaaaay! Congrats!
Ani's Book Abyss 1 week ago
Well, you know, cat naps take priority over epic Bingo celebrations... =P

That's okay, the rest of us at BL are all ecstatic for you and Linda!! Congrats!!

That first cat photo though... =D I love it! Even though kitty's yawn is pretty much saying, "What do you want now? Can't you see I'm busy sleeping here?" And looks like second kitty found him/herself a nice clean folded towel to sleep on? hehe
Murder by Death 1 week ago
That's his towel. It's an old one we put down for him under the lamp, and he (or Easter-cat, depending who gets there first) sleeps there all day; they love the heat from the bulb. :)
Ani's Book Abyss 1 week ago
He sure looks comfortable, and oh so cute. =)

lol I was wondering, mainly because I have a friend who has to make sure to fold and stash all her clean towels as soon as she launders them so they don't become cat beds upon discovery.
Murder by Death 1 week ago
Ha! We have to do that too - and when MT irons, it's a constant battle between him and the cats; they stand off to the side and as soon as he lays down a clean, freshly ironed anything, they immediately step on it and make themselves comfortable. He shoos them off, turns his back and they immediately get back to being comfortable. :) We've learned to live with lint rollers and a little bit of cat fur everywhere.
Tannat 1 week ago
I call that cooperating. And hey, Easter-cat decided to try out a new type of expression to show her disdain.
Murder by Death 1 week ago
She's showing you her missing fang. :D
Tannat 1 week ago
I zoomed in to look. She has way more teeth than Balou, poor fang.
Murder by Death 1 week ago
She's had three teeth removed. Here's hoping she gets to keep the rest of them!
Tannat 1 week ago
Last round Balou had five taken out. In total, twelve, and he may have lost a few on his own (he basically started off with bad teeth).
Murder by Death 1 week ago
Oh wow! Poor Balou - that's awful! I'm guessing he's on a total soft/canned food diet?
Tannat 1 week ago
Nope. He was for a couple weeks, but I re-introduced the dry food after that (partially for convenience and partially to give his digestion more fibre). He just eats it whole, mostly, which is what he did before too. He still gets more wet food than before though. He has enough teeth on at least one side to try to chew on his back claws too although we'll see if he continues.

My mom's cat has no teeth and she still has dry food as part of her diet.
Murder by Death 1 week ago
Geez... I hope Easter-cat gets to keep the rest of her teeth, although she's always been inclined to swallow her dried food whole, so I suppose it wouldn't be a drastic change.
Tannat 1 week ago
I hope so too! Cat dentistry is expensive...
Obsidian Blue 1 week ago
The cat looks underwhelmed.
Obsidian Blue 1 week ago
Also congrats!!!
Murder by Death 1 week ago
Thanks - and yeah, underwhelmed is a perfect word! :)
Congratulations!

And your cat photos (and introduction) almost had me spluttering tea all over my keyboard. Teddy gave me one look and vanished from the office in a huff ... ("NOW what's wrong with that crazy woman??")

Hope you managed another few hours of sleep after Wasabi's 4am rave, though ... ouch.
Thanks! And my apologies to Teddy for the disconcertion. :D

I wish I knew how to get Wasabi to act like a respectable lazy old man instead of the party hardy adolescent he seems to think he is. He's killing us slowly through lack of sleep. :P
Feline midlife crisis ... he has it. :( Like with humans, I suspect there's nothing for it but live it down ... ?
Murder by Death 1 week ago
That's nicer than what I call it: Insanity - he has it. lol. He was marginally better last might, but I think it's because MT locked him in the lower half of the house by himself. I let him back into the top half about 2am (b/c that's where the litter box is) and he was VERY remorseful and was doing the whole cuddly/suck up thing. Then he quietly** played with a stuffed dog, which I expect was stinking adorable, but... 2am. I didn't stay up to watch.

**quietly being a relative term; it still sounded like an elephant falling down a flight of stairs, but at least it was a mute elephant - no caterwauling.
Tannat 1 week ago
Maybe you need to put out an alternate litterbox at least for night time and keep him downstairs?

I sympathize with the caterwauling. Balou gives his little serenades too.
Murder by Death 1 week ago
We might have to if it continues on this way. (Our house is only one story, btw, but for some reason I've picked up the Aussie habit of referring to the front of the house as the 'top' and the back as the 'bottom'.)

I hate doing it though because he KNOWS everyone is all together except him; I think part of the problem is he wants to sleep up at the head of the bed and we won't let him because A. Easter-cat sleeps next to me and he'll attack her and B. neither of us wants a cat sleeping next to our heads. So he gets sulky and starts the caterwauling. He's a brat.
Tannat 1 week ago
Thank you for translating from Aussie. I assumed you were either talking about a ground floor or a basement.

Balou went through a phase as a kitten where he'd sleep on my pillow. Fortunately he grew out of it because he got bigger and I got tired of being woken up at 3 am because he'd bitten my head to tell me to keep still while he groomed me. Sigh.

As it is I have a nice bruise on my arm from his single fang because I didn't realize he was curled up right next to me when I went to fluff my pillow in the middle of the night. I kind of feel I deserved it (cat for wtf).
Murder by Death 1 week ago
LOL... did you try to fluff him, or was he just too close and got bumped?

Easter-cat has taken to sleeping on top of my hip (I'm a side sleeper); she's little and I don't know she's there, so I've (according to MT who has witnessed it) rolled over in my sleep and sent her flying off the bed several times. Thankfully she's much more forgiving than Balou.
Tannat 1 week ago
Yep, Balou would not be amused by a flying cat number.

He was too close got bumped. Not hard enough to really hurt him, but hard enough to go wtf. He could just go sleep at the end of the bed.
Can I just say reading through this exchange was *exactly* what I needed to cheer me up after a pretty exhausting day? You both had me rolling on the floor -- even though the actual experience(s) being described must have been painful to go through (for all involved, in different ways) ...
Tannat 6 days ago
Glad we could help. :)
Murder by Death 6 days ago
Yes! Always happy to help a fellow BLer decompress after a long day. :)
Well, many thanks to you both! :D AND your cats, of course ...
Tannat 6 days ago
As far as I can tell, my cat just finished chasing his tail under the blanket on the futon-chair. I just don't know.
Ani's Book Abyss 6 days ago
@Tannat -- I like that image of the cat chasing his tail under the blanket. =D It made me think of when our dog climbs inside a pillow case to fluff up the pillow. Or when he purposely drops his tennis ball into the pillow case, then dives in after it--also resulting in fluffing the pillow. It's his way of playing by himself and it's so much fun to watch!
Tannat 6 days ago
Well, he was pouncing on something. If it wasn't his tail, maybe it was an imaginary mouse friend.

He also seemed annoyed that I fed him later than usual this morning because I shut him out of the bedroom after he insisted on miaowing at 3:30 this morning beside my head. Fortunately the subsequent caterwauling died down after a bit.
Oh God, it just never seems to stop, does it? (Psst, hey, Balou -- you're in the northern hemisphere ... it's not even spring outside!)
Tannat 5 days ago
Haha, yeah, sunrise isn't till well after 7 these days. I don't know what causes these bouts of cat insomnia. I think he has a terrible internal clock.
Maybe you should present him to the two guys who just won the Medicine Nobel for their internal clock research and ask whether they see any grounds to revise their findings?
Tannat 5 days ago
I don't think he'd enjoy that. Perhaps I can threaten him with it though...
Murder by Death 5 days ago
A certain feline here in the Southern Hemisphere got tossed out on his tail into the garden at 4:45 this morning. No caterwauling, but he was trying to stalk/attack easter-cat, and that's just not on.
Tannat 5 days ago
It seems like we both had interesting nights.
Well, in defense of that certain Australian feline, it *is* springtime in the Southern Hemisphere (which is part of what's making me scratch my head at Balou). Though attacking princesses is of course bad form wherever you are.

And I hope you both get to sleep better this night!!
Tannat 5 days ago
Who knows...
Umm. Your cats? Though they probably aren't telling ... especially in light of the impending punitive measures!
Tannat 5 days ago
Maybe I should get him a kitten to keep mine busy?
Murder by Death 5 days ago
Oh, I bet he'd LOVE that idea, lol. Do it!!
Probably depends on his age ... I thought about getting Holly a new baby companion when Tiger died, but my vet advised against it, and judging by Holly's reaction when we tried to introduce her to my cousin's cat (while my mom was taking care of him), that was definitely sound advice. Holly was 14 at the time, and though she continued to be the sweetie around humans that she'd been from day one, she decidedly was no longer the sweetie to other cats that she'd been when she courted Gypsy when she was a kitten herself!
Tannat 5 days ago
Yeah, he's 9 now. He wasn't too keen on Emma when he was 3 (at least at first) but I didn't introduce them very well. Of course, he didn't seem very cut up when she died. He's fine with my mom's cat but he first met her when he was a year old and she adored him initially. Now he gets in her face and she hisses at him.

This morning he was fine until 10 to 7. On a Sunday. It was still dark out so I shut the door.
Oh man, that's worse than early mass church bells on a Sunday morning! :(
Tannat 5 days ago
He doesn't understand weekends....
Obviously!
Congrats! I have yet to get a bingo BUT if I catch up on my reading this weekend, I will have one.
JL's Bibliomania 1 week ago
Congrats! I'm just waiting for the square to make my bingo to be called!
Barks At The Moon 1 week ago
Congrats and I LOVE the kitties even though they could care less about our Bingo :)
Congratulations!
Haha, your cats always "pose" the best. Congrats!
Murder by Death 1 week ago
Thanks everyone! Deep down, I just know the cats love hamming it up. ;)
Tannat 1 week ago
They're total sucks.
:D
Book Cupidity 6 days ago
Yes, I can tell...WAY DEEP down. LOL

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY! POP THE CHAMPAGNE (and then put it in some OJ because that's the way to drink it)!
Murder by Death 6 days ago
I like your thinking! (It's really the only way I can stand to drink champagne, honestly)