Lillelara 2 weeks ago
Wonderful pictures, MbD :).
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Thanks! :) Thank god for digital photography, allowing amateurs everywhere to skew the odds in their favour. Sometimes quantity eventually gets you quality. :D
Obi 2 weeks ago
Beautiful photographs (and marvellous colours).
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Thanks Obi - full credit goes to the scenery and the camera. I'm not sure it's possible to take a bad picture in New Zealand, for example. :)
George looks like a fun guy to hang out with. Beautiful pics!
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Can I tell you, he was a party animal!! That dent in his head was *earned*... I'm not sure the world is ready to hear the full story. ;-)
Darth Pony 2 weeks ago
As someone who grew up in a land-locked mountain valley and can't take decent landscape photos to save her life, I envy you your beachy existence and photography skills. ;)
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
And I used to be soooo envious of people who lived in the mountains (still am, honestly): all the lovely, ever changing scenery. All that *green* (can you tell the Smokey Mountains were the first I'd ever seen? The Rockies were a surprise, lol.).

And seriously, these represent the power of sheer statistics: there are thousands of photos of my fingers, the floor of the car, or some unidentifiable fuzzy object for every one of these. :)
Darth Pony 2 weeks ago
LOL. That does make me feel better about my own camera prowess.

Truth be told, I miss having the Wasatch Mountains on all sides. Horizons are freaky. ;)
Tannat 2 weeks ago
The Rockies are real mountains. Real mountains need tree lines. :p
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
The Amazon are real mountains too and they don't need no stinkin' tree line. ;-)

I kid - of course there's a tree line, but it much higher up than the Rockies, where the tree line starts... where exactly? All I remember are rocks. :D
Tannat 2 weeks ago
I just remember being disappointed with the Appalachians since they just looked like big hills with trees on.
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
You're right - I thought they were majestic until I saw the Rockies and the Amazon, now... they're just really awesome hills. :)
Person Of Interest 2 weeks ago
Oooh, that sunrise is gorgeous! Love the colorful beach boxes too. Great pictures, as always! :)
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Thanks PoI - I was so pleased with that sunrise photo. Both for the way it came out AND my being up long enough to take it. :D
Line Bookaholic 2 weeks ago
Thanks for all these wonderful pictures, they made my day (my current view is buildings and rain sooooo)
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Yes! I'm so glad I could brighten someone's day with them. :)
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Soo gorgeous! I love all of these pictures.
Thank you! :)
Oooh -- Great Ocean Road!! One of the highlights of that trip long ago and (almost) in a galaxy far, far away. (Well, mental galaxy, anyway.)

Love the sunrise picture and your hotel room view ... and George the snow goonie!
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Thanks! George and I really bonded that day... I was sad to say goodbye...::sniff:: He never writes...

Great Ocean Road is the only place I've ever seen koalas in the wild; it's an amazing drive any time of year. :)
It totally is. (We visited in April, IIRC.)

Ah, pen friendship ... but it *is* a bit hard to maintain if you haven't got any arms and your computer -- literally -- freezes if you drip all over it, you have to give him that!
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Oh, I'm sure that's his excuse, but I'm convinced he met some snow bunny and his heart melted.
Tannat 2 weeks ago
And you've melted into your constituent parts...
See? Melting all around, hearts and otherwise!
JL's Bibliomania 2 weeks ago
Wonderful pictures. Thanks for taking the time to curate your collection and share the good ones!
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Thanks JL - I enjoyed looking through them again. I'd forgotten I had a few of these. :)
My husband and I were talking about visiting New Zealand yesterday, sparked by Lord of the Rings being on television I think. Those pics did NOTHING to deter me from going. Absolutely gorgeous! I laughed out loud at the Marriot comment. lol
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
NOTHING should deter you from New Zealand. The Aussies will likely take my visa away for saying this, but unlike Australia (which is TOTALLY worth seeing btw), there's no downside to New Zealand: it's small, so everything is accessible, they don't have any animals there that live to kill you, and there is no ugly anywhere. Everything there is breath-taking and the food is delicious.

They're also the most gracefully inclusive place I've ever been to; I'm sure they fought hard for it, but their seamless integration between European culture and Maori culture should be the standard for everyone.
Char's Horror Corner 2 weeks ago
These pictures are just so beautiful. How did you ever tear yourself away from such a gorgeous place?
Which one? ;-)

If you mean New Zealand, I almost didn't have to, lol. There was a snafu with my Aussie Visa that AU didn't tell me about until *after* I'd left immigration on my way to NZ. "You can't come back here, but have a nice trip!". o_O It took days of digging to finally figure out the issue and discover it could be fixed in a few hours (and several hundred $$ of course), but there was a day there when it looked like I'd be staying in Auckland for a week or two. :P If you have to get stuck in a foreign country, NZ would be at the top of my list, so it was not all tragedy. :)

I do miss Florida though - although with the state of things in the US, I'm not in a hurry to do more than visit home at this point.