BrokenTune 9 months ago
What makes Florida weird? I had no idea Florida was considered an oddball amongst the states.
Murder by Death 9 months ago
A few recent headlines:

"On Thursday, we reported iguanas were falling from trees in Florida. Now, we explain why it is happening and what citizens should do in reaction. Bottom line: don't touch them. They are not dead. They may thaw out and attack."

"Woman trying to escape cat attack run over by own car."

'Drunk driver in pickup truck on wrong side of road calls 911 to report himself for drunk driving, but then won't pull over, telling dispatcher, "You don't need to tell me what to do."'

"Man masquerades as cop during road rage incident, then discovers other driver is a REAL cop."

That's just in the last 10 days or so... (and just the funny ones, not the wtf is wrong with humanity headlines)
BrokenTune 9 months ago
Oh, I see...
Murder by Death 9 months ago
That's the simplest explanation, anyway. And the most amusing, of course. Pittman goes a lot more in-depth in his book about what keeps us classified as the problem child of the 50 states.
BrokenTune 9 months ago
Erm, ... I have no way of comparison, of course, as I have never been to FL, but I find it hard to imagine any state could be weirder than where I lived for a bit - and that is spoken with a lot of love for the oddity that is TX.
9 months ago
I hear ya. Born and raised in Jersey. It's amazing the things I hear about how I should talk or think or do. My husband's family is from the shore and he rolls his eyes when people actually think the Jersey shore MTV show is standard. lol While there's truth to some aspects others leave me scratching my head. I guess we all have different versions of normal. But that's what makes life interesting. :)
Portable Monsters 9 months ago
As a native Texan, I hear ya. We are definitely kissin cousins on the crazy train.