I've read this so many times, but I still laugh like an idiot when I get to the bit about the tin of pineapple.
Murder by Death 4 years ago
That was truly the highlight for me as well.

Have you read the others? Are they as good?
I've read Three Men on the Bummel, but to be honest I can't remember anything about it. So I'm guessing it's not as funny.
Murder by Death 4 years ago
Good to know - I'll pass on it for now then. Thanks.
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Oh, noes. Your book has gone AWOL? Have found it again? It may have been abridged, but the Hugh Laurie narration of this sounds very inviting.
Murder by Death 4 years ago
Not yet - I accidentally picked up a stray headache on my way home yesterday, so nothing got done that was meant to be done. But hopefully, today.
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Oh, not good. Hope the headache has subsided.
Stray headaches should be hunted down mercilessly and banished from human dwelling areas worldwide.

Hope you conquered it.
Murder by Death 4 years ago
At the moment, no. I'm playing tug-o-war with it; it comes and goes. I think it's the massive weather change we've had the last couple of days, so I'm hoping it will fade for good as the weather warms back up. :P

Tell the sun to get a move on ... it's supposed to be summer where you are anyway!
Murder by Death 4 years ago
FOUND THE BOOK!!! Woot!

MT has put it in his "to be put away/already read" pile behind the library door. And no, he's not read it. Yet. ;)
Audible has an unabridged version narrated by Ian Carmichael ... I haven't listened to it (yet), but it's on my TBR. Carmichael (much like Laurie) strikes me as a perfect match for the tone of this story.

Hope your paperback copy resurfaces soon!
BrokenTune 4 years ago
Carmichael is a great narrator! I have the complete Wimsey (unabridged) read by him and they are a lot of fun. :)
The complete Wimsey -- including "Whose Body?", "Fiive Red Herrings", "Murder Must Advertise", "The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club", "Have His Carcase", and "Busman's Honeymoon"? Wow. Those, I find, are incredibly hard to track down (at reasonable prices, even more so) -- I have the others (not named above) and love them -- and, of course, the TV adaptations starring Carmichael --, but for the above-named ones there only seem to be the BBC audio dramatizations ... which are kind of nice, but no competition to Carmichael's narrations of the full books!