Darth Pony 10 months ago
This sounds delightful!
BrokenTune 10 months ago
I will try and find this. So, far none of the available copies I have seen have had the same delightful cover. :(
Murder by Death 10 months ago
The best part of this delightful cover is that the dancing men on the top and bottom *are* actually a coded message (which I haven't yet had time to de-code). So while the story is of course the main thing, if you can find a copy with this cover, it'll be that tiny bit more fun. :)
Obsidian Blue 10 months ago
Great review!
Murder by Death 10 months ago
Thanks. :) I could have blethered on and on about this book.
Moonlight Snow 10 months ago
This looks terrific!
Murder by Death 10 months ago
Highly recommend it as both a heap of fun and part of the Classic Crime Club project. :)
If there is ever such a thing as The Case of the One Book Recommendation Too Many and MbD turns out to be the murdered reviewer, you won't have to look far for a suspect. I'm advising you all right here and now, though, that I will be pleading unavoidably compulsive self-defense, because my bookshelves (and stacks and stashes) are in the process of taking over my home and pushing me out!
Darth Pony 10 months ago
Part of me is laughing hysterically at this comment. The other part of me is searching eBay for an affordable used copy. ;)
Murder by Death 10 months ago
You're both making me LOL (and I'm having a day that is exactly the opposite of lol, so thanks!).

TA: The Case of the One Book Recommendation Too Many will be ENTIRELY contingent on the victim. Or possibly victimS, because I'm just as likely to crack under the pressure with your book recommendations - so we may end up doing each other in! :D They'll find our bodies amongst the strewn accumulations of both our libraries and for years afterward we'll be a cautionary tale: "see kids? this is why you should watch more TV!".
Murder by Death 10 months ago
Although holy crap - looking at abebooks... I didn't pay anything LIKE those amounts for my copy! o_O